CRKT Lake Thunderbolt Knife (4 Options)

I miss the Kershaw knives I bought here a couple years ago. I gave several away as gifts and the ones I kept ended up in garbage cans at the Atlanta Airport, The Georgia Dome and Philips Arena. :frowning:

I bought a couple of the CRKT Pagoda models from a while back, and I was somewhat disappointed with them. The liner locks in both failed after not very long. Picked up a Leatherman Crater series knife a few months ago and haven’t looked back. Not that much more expensive, but far, far better quality and made in the USA.

http://www.amazon.com/Smiths-PP1-Pocket-Multifunction-Sharpener/dp/B000O8OTNC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1366460979&sr=8-3

Have one and it works extremely well when sharpening my Gerber serrated blades.

I missed the straight edge model, since it won’t let me choose that one. That’s the one I was going to buy. Oh, well. Should have checked the computer at 3AM, I guess.

For a work knife used for cutting rope, industrial belting, cardboard, etc, part serrated is the way to go. Serrated blades can be easily sharpened with the Spyderco Sharpmaker as well as several other sharpeners.

Sorry, Blood, look again. This knife attaches to your left hip.

I’m no judge of any kind of knife, so this doesn’t have anything to do with it’s quality - but since I’m signed in anyway: “Fast, one-handed opening” got my attention and, perhaps, would have got my business but it appears to me that the manufacturer can’t count to two. Or perhaps you’re meant to clamp the haft in your teeth while you pull the blade out?

I’ve never seen a partial serration on the tip of a knife, I’m almost tempted. Sorry woot, I only like CRKT fixed blade knifes. Their folders feel like copies of other knifes, nothing really new.

It sucks…you cannot order the non-serrated blades…it is greyed out for ordering…
Bad Woot…Bad…

That means they’re sold out of those models.

^ This.
Not Bad Woot. It’s happy wooters.

You’re wrong, dude. This knife is right hand, tip down like he said. You can clip it to either pocket of course, but it is set up for a righthander. With one handed closing you disengage the liner lock w/ your right hand, not your left…

I guess you could attach it to your left hip, but that would be really painful! The clip is for inside the pocket carry.

Is that really the case? Is it just a shipping restriction? I can’t keep track of all of these silly NJ/NY laws. I used to carry what I think was an CRKT point guard. Pretty sure that was much bigger than these. I had a NJ officer tell me it was wasn’t legal and a NY one tell that was complete BS.

Two of the 3 screws that hold the clip in place have backed out of mine. However, those are among the replacements parts that CRKT offers free of charge: http://www.crkt.com/replacementparts

I just placed my order and we’ll see if they make good on their 3 to 4 week delivery time.