CRKT M16 Kit Carson EDC Folding Knife

I have carried this knife for the past 6 years. The AutoLawks system takes a few minutes to figure out but after that you can open and close it one handed no problem.

After six years of use the flipper still opens lightning fast.

The size is just right on this one for a daily carry pocket knife. The stainless steel clip is the only thing that shows any wear on mine. This knife is durable and will last you for years.

Aaaaand the dreaded list of NY zip codes appears once again to dash my hopes.

Guys, it’s really okay to send me knives. Kershaw can back me up- they’ve sent me assisted open knives (basically the gateway drug to switchblades! Gasp!) right to my door! Someone really needs to explain to me how this works, because NYC is more than 6 hours from here and they’re the ones with problems.

Spyderco,Benchmade,and Buck still do. Buck’s Paperstone series are even sensibly priced.

Not a fan of the AutoLAWKS either;never had a quality knife unlock on me. Not happy with the current steel either,the older AUS steels were nicer.

Tempting but then I pull the Ken Onion Leek out of my pocket and see how much sleeker and minimal and perfectly designed it is and move on. I have a boxfull of knives but the Kershaw always finds it’s way back to my pocket. I prefer the smooth sides, less wear on my pocket where I clip it on. This CRKT has a cool look and great functions but it looks too thick.

I agree. My Kershaw Composite Leek is my everyday carry knife. I own a nice collection of knives, and haven’t had any problems with blades not locking in place securely.
Well, except my Buck folding hunter 110 that I purchased in the early 70’s. I had to use it as a hammer to repair a dirtbike in the desert, and was rough with it. That knife is a little loose…

I have the Composite Leek as well. There is nothing like a Buck 110 for the feel of heft and quality in your hand. I carried one for years but oh the weight.

These are not tactical

excuse my ignorance but what does tactical imply? What is it missing.

thanks

Meaning that it’s not mil spec?

Any knife can be tactical, if used properly…

Where exactly does Woot! get the restricted shipping Zip Code list from? 14304 has been on this list for the last few years, yet there are zero restrictions in the law for a folding knife in Niagara County. In fact, Walmart in Niagara Falls sells this type of knife as I write.

Of course they are. They’re black.

I am new to knives. Does anyone know if it is Legal to carry these in California? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you :slight_smile: