CRKT Pazoda Folding Knife

Picked up 3 of these last time for $10.00 each. Gave them all away as gifts. Christmas will be here soon so I better stock up. In for three more.

I’m in for 3 :slight_smile: 1 straight and 2 serrated! Keeping one for muhself and saving two for two of my buds for Christmas. Not too shabby.

Dear Woot,

Please have someone from legal review your shipping policies to the greater NY area. If you want to outlaw shipping to NYC that is fine, but holding out on almost everyone upstate and on Long Island is unnecessary and costing you business.

I can buy the same knife from your parent company (Amazon) and ship it to my door without any legal problems what so ever.

On behalf of almost every NY wooter.

Sincerely,

This guy.

PS - out of the zip codes in NY that you DO actually ship to, it includes two towns/cities that border queens, but not ones 50+ miles away.

I have a Kershaw partially serrated blade knife, also via Woot!, which is razor sharp out of the box. Compared to the Kershaw, this CRKT Pazoda (I have the partially serrated version, also from Woot!) is not very sharp. The size is great though and I love the one-handed opening/closing. Closing it safely with one hand takes a little practice, but I haven’t cut myself yet (perhaps because it’s not that sharp?)…

Psst. (looks around) Hey buddy…

It’s limit 3 per account. per account.

Should be little to nothing stopping you from having more than one woot account, unless they changed something with the facelift/beta. Don’t expect the $5 all day shipping to cross over obviously.

Just saying.

ie this is my posting and backup account. They still sent me gear after they took my money.

This. A thousand times. I’ve tried 3 relatives’ locations outside NYC…and it still won’t let me ship there.

I missed this knife last time around and was kicking myself. Now, it’s back and cheaper? Thank you Woot!

In for four! Stocking stuffers, check!

I bought this knife previously and it’s very nice! Not the sharpest out of the box, but it sharpens well and holds its edge when you do sharpen it. The frame lock on this knife is also very strong.

bought 3 last time and are very happy. In for 4 more. Pity that sounds close to 4 more years of Obama :frowning:

Bought the half serrated version last time. It locked and still locks just fine for me. Love the knife, it fits just perfectly in my pocket. I wish it were sharper otb, but for the price you can’t beat it. It gives you the opportunity to learn how to sharpen your own knives!

Well don’t I feel silly for paying $9.99 a month ago… :confused:

Either way its’s a great knife and I’ve enjoyed it. The deep pocket clip helps it go unnoticed and it feels sturdy and high quality. I bought two then, one fore me, one for a X-mas gift. Very tempted to get another 2 or 3 as extra gifts.

Comes in nice box too.

It will ship to Floral Park and Elmont - that much I can tell you.

What’s really weird though - parts of the Floral Park/Belrose area (and zipcode) is actually Queens technically, and thus under NYC rules - but no problem shipping there.

But Cthulhu forbid you try to get this out in Ronkonkoma or up in Rochester.

Was in for 4 until I saw that they won’t ship to Crooklyn, NY.

…and not to East Meadow either. That’s a shame. :frowning:

50+ Miles away… I’m about as far from NYC as you can be and still be in NY (North of Niagara Falls), and I can’t order one either.

Damn, Woot is making xmas shopping easy this year. I’m in for 4.

It’s hard not to buy one of these at this price point.

Bought one last time on a Woot-off since i already had free shipping. Difficult to open one handed, and the blade is a little small for my liking. Looks nice.

Chromoly has about 1% chromium; 8Cr14MoV has 14% chromium, putting it solidly in the stainless category.

It’s not H1 or anything, but it’s ok; roughly on par with 440C or AUS8. My Cara Cara (8Cr13MoV, should be slightly less rust-resistant) has no rust at all after a few years, and I’m not particularly kind to my knives, but they don’t see salt water.

I’ve lost track of the number of knives I’ve purchased from woot, but I still find myself ripping open packages with my bare hands. I guess I should carry one of my many knives around in my pocket at all times. Yep… That’s the ticket. And leave one in the glove box of each car, one on the desk, one in the picnic basket, a couple in the camp gear bins, and the others stashed around in various strategic locations. What the heck is it with these sharp objects?!