Crosman TR 77 Air Rifle and Scope

Here is the owner’s manual from the Crosman website http://www.crosman.com/pdf/manuals/30001-515.pdf

Highlights include:

• pellets only
  • 100 round “break in period” where accuracy is affected and the spring is louder than normal

Just checking, but you know this is just a pellet gun, right? It’s not a firearm. It doesn’t shoot bullets, and it doesn’t kill people.

(And while I’m sure Woot’s lawyers would all have fits over the idea and it will never happen, I’d be totally cool with Woot selling actual firearms.)

I’m pretty sure no one has ever been killed by a pellet gun, and if they were, they would have to be shot about 3,000 times and left to bleed to death from 3,000 tiny little holes. I’ve been shot by my brother with one many times as a child, it just stings.

Ever heard of google? Search for “killed by pellet gun” brings up 784,000 results. The first few:

Second child killed in pellet gun accident :: WRAL.com - Second child killed in pellet gun accident

Neighbors mourn for Tollhouse boy killed by pellet gun - http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=news/local&id=8942960

El Dorado Hills boy killed by pellet gun was shot in his torso - http://blogs.sacbee.com/crime/archives/2011/11/el-dorado-hills-boy-felled-by-shot-from-pellet-gun-identified.html

Let’s look at what really kills so many children. Look up children killed in car accidents! Now that will be a number that squashes the pellet gun numbers. Ban the cars! Ban the cars!

Latest figures I could find posted were from 2001. Here is a quote,
“Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death for children of every age
from 2 to 14 years old (based on 2001 figures, which are the latest mortality data
currently available from the National Center for Health Statistics).”
http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/Pubs/809762.pdf

Nappa: khufu413, what does the scouter say about his power?
khufu413: IT’S OVER ONE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Nappa: WHAT?! ONE THOUSAND?!

Lol it’s a BB gun. Don’t think this promotes violence lol.

I saw a kid walking down the street a few days ago with a Famas slung over his shoulder … It turned out to be an airsoft gun but it looked like the real thing in almost every detail.

He would probably have more fun with a pellet gun like this one. I think I’ll buy one of these and trade him the next time he walks by [MOD: removed text].

Quality Post!

You are being ridiculous.First, items like this sell like hot cakes all over the US. I suggest moving to a state with some rational thought. Second what’s contributing to the violence are parents who don’t bring their children up properly but letting them listen to hateful music, watch violent shows, and play disgusting video games. Done be a drone, think independently and use some common sense.

Woot is based in Texas.

Don’t mess with Texas.

To sell this product at this time is more than distasteful and disgusting. You should not provide such easy access to any form of guns, fake or not, so soon after the recent school tradedy in Newtown. Children do not need to play with this realistic looking gun. I have bought from Woot before but I am considering boycotting your web site.

Let me know if you are serious about this threat … I may just buy one so that Woot keeps selling items like this. Responsible adults have a right to protect bird feeders from squirrels in at least 45 of the states in this country.

This is exactly what I’ll be using this Air Rifle for. Squirrels are the only ones that should have an issue with Woot selling these…

Get yours before the gun ban takes effect!

This is from the woot description: *Warning: Airguns and airsoft guns are not toys and are recommended for use by those 16 years of age or older. Adult supervision is required. *

It’s called parental supervision.

1. This item is NOT for children and why would children be playing with it anyway?

2. And if you REALLY feel that way, such opinions should not be tied to some contemporaneous event.

This item is more of an adult toy and not a weapon although as I vaguely recall, my Army M16 had a similar muzzle velocity as this airgun. BTW, Big 5 Sporting Goods often offers steep discounts on airguns for those interested is this item.

Note that Woot requires an adult recipient sign for delivery:

Warning: Airguns and airsoft guns are not toys and are recommended for use by those 16 years of age or older. Adult supervision is required. Misuse or careless use may cause serious injury. Do not brandish or display your airgun/airsoft gun in public. It may confuse people and it may be a crime. Police and others may think an airgun/airsoft gun is a firearm.

Nice try but there’s no link between music, shows or video games and violent behavior.

How’s this compare to the Gamo Varmint Hunter that’s been on woot before?

So the zip codes 18501-19388 cant buy these? I can run to Walmart and get this gun right now. This and 20 other models. Is this a shipping company thing, or do you just not have correct information on PA laws. I’m really interested in this. Please review the zip codes and let me know why all zip codes in this range are out. I can see Philly because they have their own dumb rules. Those zip codes run far outside Philly. Thank you.