Crosman Vantage NP Break Barrel .177 Cal Air Rifle

**Item: **Crosman Vantage NP Break Barrel .177 Cal Air Rifle
Price: $59.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $10 Two-Day OR $14 One-Day
Condition: New

[Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Crosman Vantage NP Break Barrel .177 Cal Air Rifle)

[Search Google](https://www.google.com/search?hl=en+%26tbm=shop+%26q=Crosman Vantage NP Break Barrel .177 Cal Air Rifle)

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
9/24/2013 - $69.99 (Woot-off) - 4 comment(s)
9/10/2013 - $69.99 - 41 comment(s)
8/22/2013 - $69.99 (Woot-off) - 1 comment(s)
8/21/2013 - $69.99 (Woot-off) - 1 comment(s)
8/9/2013 - $79.99 - 22 comment(s)

Pretty good reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) over at airgundepot.com

Solid reviews (4.0 out of 5.0) over at pyramydair.com

Let’s learn more about the warranty

If I buy this for Christmas, will I shoot my eye out? Or is that only the Red Ryder carbine action two-hundred shot range model air rifle?

son of a gun, I paid 10 bucks more for this here last month.

definitely make sure you have a stout backstop. I have a 1/2" piece of plywood that I tack paper targets on, and after 50 or so rounds I went to change it out and noticed the plywood behind it was punched through and shredded.

There is always one…one who references A Christmas Story

:slight_smile:

Time to read up on the user’s manual

Nice review at YouTube (except for the A/C kicking in at about the minute mark) Actual target plinking starts at about 1m50s in:
[youtube=pSn05rxitZY][/youtube]

I hope the one i receive is as the one pictured with the sights.

A nice NP break barrel AR for the absolute best price around for a scopeless model. Plenty of power and a nice heft due to the solid wood stock!

For more info see links posted above and comments, photos, and links posted in prior Woot! offerings. I don’t know how Woot! can get these guns for such blow out pricing. And remember, these are NITRO PISTON AR’s, not “Springers.” Even Big5 doesn’t sale price any Springers as low as this, so if you are remotely interested in plinking with a pellet gun, don’t sit on the fence too long.

Anybody have any scope recommendations for this one?

I bought one of these a few weeks ago paid $10 more, oh well. It’s a great gun! I was shooting cans at 60 ft right out of the box without any adjustments. The owners manual says the gun gets more accurate as it’s used, I can’t wait. I have noticed that ammo makes a difference. I have tried 4 different types and all shoot well and consistent but sight corrections that work for one type don’t work with other. Once I use up the stuff I have I’m gonna get one kind and stick with it. I’m looking forward to putting a 4x scope on this and then using it for pest control. At this price you can’t go wrong. Definitely not a good choice for a kids first gun. It does take some muscle to cock and it’s heavier than you would expect for a pellet gun.

This should be a nice addition to the rifle. http://www.opticsplanet.com/zeiss-duralyt-2-8x42-rifle-scope.html

{You did not mention a budget.}

Otherwise buy the brightest scope you can afford, and a 4 power with with a 40mm objective should be fine for a pellet gun.

That scope would be nice, lol. But I was thinking more of this range, http://www.amazon.com/Barska-AC10380-BARSKA-Plinker-22-Riflescope/dp/B001JJCHWK/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Still legal in Michigan - do not know how this confuses you guys. If you cannot bother to cater to customers, we in MI should drop you in response.

You are right, the one you found comes with the rings, certainly a better deal.

There is one thing about mounting a scope behind the breech on a break barrel. You are sighting over a barrel that may or may not stay in perfect alignment with the scope.

Nice deal on a nice plinker, scope not necessary, really.

There are so many advantages to air rifles with casual target shooting over firearms. The rifles are cheaper, the ammo is so cheap, you can shoot on smaller property. Nice for starting basics on teaching first time shooters who are gun shy too.

Perfect for some cheap time target shooting.