Cubism

This guy is amazing:

[youtube=0mJ4tXjOm50][/youtube]

[youtube=dPjLF_ururc][/youtube]

If you wear this, art students will think you are sophisticated.

LOL, Woot has a 6-color limit and there’s a black color used for the lines… also as Shmuel510 suggested maybe the side away from us is a completely finished side of white.

I think silver is the new asphalt. I really like this design but the last two shirts I bought (Reading Rocketship & Galactic Gumtastic) were both silver (and both space related, coincidence?) and I just can’t justify adding another shirt of that color to my wardrobe so soon after the last two. What about trying slate next time, mmm?

Hey everyone! thanks for all the support.

Dangit, who’s been messin’ with the stickers on my shirt?

I had like 27 extra stickers left over when I got done making this shirt… I guess I shoulda’ been paying attention or something…

Its Sept…a long sleeve T would be nice

http://pic.phyrefile.com/i/ic/icebone/2010/07/29/ScruffySecond.jpg

will the text come off with mineral spirits?

I had the same thoughts, but the comment did say that the dude took the stickers off then put them back on, only thing salvaging it.

But the fact you’d wear this in public without that comment definitely makes the shirt a fail in my opinion.

Been a customer of woot for over 4 years now and I had to post this one time because this is absurd.

There is also one peice that has both blue and green on it. In a real cube these two colors do not touch.

Pablo Picasso by Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers. (Alternate rockin’ version done by John Cale:

And Pablo Picasso was never called…oh, never mind.

agreed. I would buy this if it didn’t have the text, turns it from a cool design into a wannabe pun.

If only the colors were in the right place!

Nah, don’t worry about it. I was gonna do it if you didn’t.

Edgar Allen Poe

hint…Raven…hint,hint

I had occasion to work with Dr. Rubik some time ago. While your poem is cute, the boot lick refrain really fails to consider the challenges he faced.

Rubik invented the cube during the height of Communism. There was a very convoluted process to bring it to market and for about a year, sales were slow. Then, suddenly he had a phenomenal commercial success that nobody expected. There were pressures for him to promote the perception of the Communist government and Hungary, when he wasn’t really a politically oriented person. There were also others who resented his entrepreneurial success and opposed it on ideological lines.

So while Rubik isn’t the kind of person who resorts to needless flattery, he did have to act strategically and diplomatically to survive and succeed in that business environment.

Oh, and, he’s still alive, so it’s a bit premature to talk about him in the past tense.

One other thing–his initial problem was figuring out how to get the cubes to revolve in all directions. When he finally built a working prototype, he didn’t start with a solution to the puzzle–that took another four months for him to figure out. However, in the process, he realized that solving it was pretty compelling–leading him to realize there was wider appeal to it than the classroom challenge he originally invented it for (he was teaching college mathematics).

So if you struggle with the cube, remember it took Rubik a while to work it out, too. Best way I know to solve it is to use diagrams to understand how different combinations of movements change the configuration of the colors. It may take longer than the cheat guides, but you’ll understand how the solution works.

I really like this shirt. But the thought that every geek I know is going to think he’s clever by telling me it’s unsolvable is simply too much to bear. Two center blues? WHY?!?

But on the bright side it might get me play with the art students in the school next door…hmmm…

Well now you’re assuming this a cubist representation of a cube, maybe it’s a bowl of M&Ms. :wink:

Congrats Mr Graff! Very clever design, very wearable.