Cuisinart 12-Cup Programmable Thermal Coffeemaker

I have used this coffee maker every day for 2 years and I have never had that problem.

Anyone know how tall this is? Looks like a pretty large machine and I want to make sure it will fit under my cabinets.

our company snagged this puppy during a recent woot off. it makes us 1-3 pots every week day, and the ocassional weekend pot as well. i can personally attest to the fact that the last cup sitting there all afternoon is still hot enough to be drinkable - maybe not for the connoisseur…but for us normal folks it’s great.

the bonus for the office is that noone can accidentally leave it on since there is no heating element. this means our bosses don’t have to freak out about someone burning the place down. (at least not with the coffee maker!)

we have had 3 or 4 explosive incidents with it. on these occasions, the maker randomly decides to send pretty much all of the grounds around the filter and into the carafe. as you might imagine, the little ball doodad in the top of the carafe is not made for this and starts spewing coffee everywhere. luckily everything is GFI’d in our office kitchenette. we’ve yet to figure out if we did anything wrong on those instances - we all put the same general amount of coffee and water in, so there doesn’t seem to be a pattern. we’re all adults who understand how the filter goes in as well. anyone have any thoughts on this?

that being said, when it isn’t having it’s monthly coffee ground spasms, it’s a great coffee maker. Not 100% sure I’d buy it for my home because of the issues, but we’re very happy it is here.

I have this coffee pot right now and I can make coffee in the morning and it is still hot when I get home form work. I love this pot. The carafe keeps the coffe hot not a burner so it doesn’t get that burnt taste. I just bought another as a back up in case my dies.

I’ve had this pot for several years I either bought it at Sam’s or Costco. I am happy with it. the only problem has been that the paint used to name the button functions has worn away. In fact all of the screening has worn away. Even the paint on the clock face. I can now see through down to the circuit boards. The only issue I would have buying a used coffee pot is if the previous owner was disgruntled enough and goofy enough, did they pee in the thing before sending back?

My old Cuisinart thermal coffeemaker recently died after several years of very satisfactory use and I’ve been waiting for a good deal on another one. Looks like today is the day.

I read about using denture tablets to clean coffee carafes and have found that the method works great. As for the basket overflow problem mentioned, this happened to me a couple of times, and it happened because I hadn’t made sure that the filter basket was properly seated. It’s more of a carelessness issue and not really a design flaw.

I am another happy customer when it comes to this coffeemaker. I’ve had mine for about 4 years and twice in all that time has it overflowed and both times were user error (the top was not screwed on properly).

I think it brews a great cup of coffee. I brew it each day around 7am and it is still close to hot by 3pm in the afternoon. I don’t believe you can ask for much more than that.

It is very tall. It is 16inches, but it just fits under my cabinets. I love it. It is the only Carafe that can keep coffee HOT all day!!!

I bought one on the last offering on woot. I was concerned about all the comments I read about overflows. After 50 pots thru the machine, the closest we have come to an overflow is having the level in the filter reach within 1/2 of the top.
Here’s what I do regularly to (hopefully) insure that I never have an overflow.

1. Fold the seam edges of the filter back so the filter fits all the way down into the cup.
  2. Rince out the brewing cone and turn and depress the shutoff valve to make sure that it is free.
  3. Run some water through the cap of the caraffe to make sure it is open.
  4. Make sure everything is seated correctly. It’s easy to cross thread the lid, but so far this has never caused a problem.
  5. Make sure the carafe is empty. We sometimes make pots back to back without removng the lid and it is easy for some coffee to be left without knowing it. We fill the water chamber with another container to avoid chilling down the carafe and that makes it easy to have a slight overflow if there is any coffee in the carafe.

If there happens to be any coffee left the next morning, it is still warm and only needs a boost in the microwave.

It seems to me there are only two things that can cause an overflow. One is a fault in the water heating mechanism and this seems very unlikely for it to be intermittant and not permanent. The other is something preventing the coffee draining into the carafe.

I’d buy this one again in a heartbeat.

I have owned this exact unit for almost 2 years. Brew a pot every day and it stays HOT all day long. If you cannot keep the coffee hot for 20 minutes then you must be taking the lid off to pour the coffee. That is the only way the coffee could get cold.

It is about 16.5" with the lid closed. It takes a good 24" to open the lid.

I had one of these for about 3 years when it stopped working. It made the best coffee. I went to bed bath and beyond where I originally bought it and they didn’t carry it anymore. I tried a model similar but it was far inferior. I just bought another cuisinart and am thinking of buying 2 just in case. I love this coffee maker. It’s the best I’ve EVER had.

I got one of these the last time it was offered. There was a lot of back and forth discussion about whether or not they work with the permanent filters (gold mesh). I have used mine for 2 months now with both types of filter with no problem whatsoever. There was also discussion about problems screwing caraf lid, spills from not placing the caraf properly in the unit, etc,; All I can say is none of this has been a problem with me. This makes great coffee and the caraf keeps your batch warm all day. I would not hesitate to get one. My “refurb” coffee maker looked new to me, as I suspect most of these are.

I bought this coffee maker about 4 yrs ago and was very pleased with it. Well we moved 2 yrs ago and it was lost or so the movers say. Found this on Woot a couple of months and bought it. Ran 2 pots of water thru it and followed the directions.

Well, about 4 hrs later I asked my husband to empty the pot of water out and like a man he thought he would check the temperature. He poured the water over his hand and the water was still so hot it burnt him. I swear by how hot it keeps the coffee and my husband just loves it. He likes his coffee hot so I give it a 9 out of a 10.

I can totally vouch for this model. I bought it new (in a white color, but otherwise identical) for about $80 and felt like I got a good deal, so Woot’s deal is pretty good. I’m halfway down the road to coffee snobbery, so my standards are high. Here’s what I like n’ don’t like.

Brews hot; the first day I set mine up, I measured it with a meat thermometer at 195-200 coming out of the tap.

Stays hot. Coffee made at 8 AM is still very drinkably warm at 3 PM. If I hadn’t drunk much from the pot (and pulled in all that room temperature air) it would be restaurant hot, good enough for me.

I love that it has a timer and the coffee’s as hot as I want when get around to drinking it, but I don’t love leaving grounds out to oxidize all night, so it’s not frequently used.

Doesn’t spew coffee everywhere if you take care. Keep the filter mechanism free of loose grounds and don’t overfill with coffee. If you want to make coffee of near Turkish density, don’t fill the filter all the way up with ground coffee and don’t make 12 cups, make 5 or six.

One thing I don’t like: when brew completes, it beeps loudly five times and sounds just like a CO or smoke alarm. One of these days I’ll get motivated enough to get in there and stick a 150 Ohm resistor in front of the speaker.

In for one. Probably as a gift, but who knows.

We have one already… my wife drinks 2-3 pots everyday. We have had ours for about 2 1/2 years and it finally stopped keeping the coffee hot… must be the hardwater we have. GREAT COFFEE MAKER!

Well based on everyone’s comments about the coffee staying hot for hours, sounds like you have a defective unit (maybe it’s not making the coffee hot), are doing something wrong or maybe you like your coffee scalding hot.

On my unit, by the way, (the Grind and Brew) it has a heating plate to keep the coffee warm. And it uses a plain old fashioned glass carafe (that I have yet to break after all these years, go figure) so the pot has no thermal properties at all.

I wonder if I can buy a replacement metal carafe that has thermal heat retaining properties to it. If not, I am in for one of these because I like the idea of a pot of coffee staying hot all day.

I’ve always preferred an insulated carafe, since the heating plates I’ve had eventually turned the coffee stale.

Well in for one since now that I sang my Grind and Brew’s praises it will probably break tomorrow morning, coincidentally when I make my pot of coffee every third day.

Moreover, this got great reviews on Amazon and it’s $80.

Shipping Update

Cuisinart 12-Cup Programmable Thermal Coffeemaker has completely shipped via FEDEX GROUND. All tracking will be emailed by the end of the day to members who purchased this item. If you would like to find your tracking information sooner, please click the following link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING