Cuisinart 14-pc Non-Stick Cookware Set

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Cuisinart 14-pc Non-Stick Cookware Set
$139.99 + $5 Standard OR $15 Two-Day OR $18 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

only $10 less than sams club

http://www.halowayexpress.com/products/Cuisinart-66%252d14-Chef's-Classic-Nonstick-Hard%252dAnodized-14%252dPiece-Cookware-Set-%252d%252d-2NIO000P239UZ99.html

$107.46

[MOD: That’s the Chef’s Classic. We are selling the Cuisinart Classic.]

Thats the 66-14 this is the 68-14xx slightly different…

My wife and I bought these when we got married six years ago- we love them. I like the weight distribution especially. Take care of them, and they’ll take care of you. We’re just now getting around to replacing the 10 inch and 12 inch skillet, because we use them at least once a day, sometimes twice on the weekends. These are pretty solid.

If it’s in stock at Sams Club near you it’s only $129 if you pick it up, so even cheaper than here.

Quantanium is basically Teflon, toxic and will wear-out over time.

The price is low, but not woot-worthy low.

I would recommend against buying this. Unless you really need an “ok” set while you’re looking for something better…

I strongly recommend against buying this set if you plan to use it daily for a long time.

No pop.woot today? I thought there’d be something up until at least Christmas…?

This set is for sale on the cuisinart.com web site for 199.99. Where does Woot come up with the retail price being so high?

This pop.woot is over. Keep watching. You may see something again soon.

Links help but are you looking at the Chef’s Classic line by chance? This is the Cuisinart Classic.

From the Description

I love the Quantanium non-stick surface. Made by Whitford, it uses much of the same formulation as Dupont’s Teflon, except that the matrix is reinforced with titanium (which is inert and hypoallergenic). Whitford also applies several layer of the coating, making it safe for use with metal utensils. Whitford states that it’s for mid to high end cookware and it’s certainly the best nonstick surface I’ve used.]

I am skeptical about the 500F temperature limit, however, since that’s close the decomposition point of PTFE (aka Teflon, Quantanium, etc). When that temperature is reached, PTFE breaks down and releases irritating vapors. While simply an irritant for most people, it’s dangerous to those with respiratory problems and fatal to birds. Most Teflon pans have a limit from 350F-450F, and that’s not only because of plastic parts.

Apparently, they use the same formula as Invicta.

This is a great deal! Normally Quantanium is $1000/oz unless you know someone that can smuggle you some free samples out of Los Alamos!

I own the 17 piece set that comes with the steamer insert and the pasta insert. Excellent set. I paid $185 shipped and it was well worth the investment. The only problem I’ve had is that I hang the pans, as directed, and I have some discoloration on the bottom of the pans that I am having difficulty figuring out how to remove without defacing the pans. Otherwise…very very happy. I’m sure I can find it on the internet somewhere, just been too lazy to hunt it down. These pots and pans clean up on the inside super easy, you don’t need oils or sprays and they do cook faster.

Great pans, but the lack of a steamer insert, for me, would be a deal breaker.

What gives?

WOOT:
Cuisinart 68-14SA Classic
List Price $580.00 76% off

AMAZON:
Cuisinart Classic (68-14SA)
List Price: $299.99
Price: $169.99
You Save: $130.00 (43%)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009TCEYIY

List Price??? $580.00 or $299.99

What list?
Yep… that’s “Classic.”

Sam’s Club: same handles, same photos

Amazon: same handles, different number of pieces, named “Chef’s Classic”
http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-66-11-Nonstick-Hard-Anodized-11-Piece/dp/B005H05TAY

[MOD: Look at the handles on the dutch oven as an example. Curved vs. Straight. Similar, not the same.]

Hard to say. I’ll ask but notice that it’s not Amazon selling it. It’s a 3rd party vendor and they enter their own information.

Calcium in your water may leave a multicolored stain on the outside of your cookware. This is from a harmless deposit and can be removed with a little warm vinegar. Certain foods such as pasta or oatmeal may leave a light residue or cloudy appearance.

This can be easily removed with any of these cleaning products: Bon Ami®, Cameo® Stainless Steel or Metal Cleaner, Nevr-Dull