Cuisinart 6-Piece Bakeware Set

You can get nice heavy-duty half-sheet pans from a restaurant supply store for under $5 each. They don’t have a non-stick coating, but I don’t want that, anyway. For biscuits I want them right on the shiny surface, and for cookies (yes, I do bake cookies on a half-sheet pan) I used a piece of parchment paper. That allows me to just slide them right off onto a cooling rack.

For cake pans I flour them manually, although I’ve been tempted by that cooking spray that comes with flour in it.

I bake 220 dozen cookies every holiday season and I use 5 half sheet pans with lip for this purpose, rotating them through. I use silpat liners and pull them off to cooling racks and quick cool the sheet pans in the sink with water. The rolled edge pans do not buckle when you rinse them or when you bake on them, and make great cookie sheets. The are also good for cake mix for large (1/2 sheet) layers.
I also use 1/2 sheet pans for vegetables, roasts, breads, focaccia, pane and rolls and jelly rolls. They are great.
The rest of this is kind of standard but $39.99 for the lot is not unreasonable.

Lol, I guess you are a little too lazy to make one batch at a time?

from my experience never ever ever use stuff like this in the dishwasher. Totally destroyed the nonstick part of any pan like this I’ve ever owned.

Retail price maybe, amazon doesn’t sell anything at retail price.

Does anyone know what temperature the cookie/half sheet pans are oven safe to? I have Williams Sonoma ones that said they should only be used to 400 degrees, maybe 450, I think, but they buckle (then unbuckle) after use at the hotter temps.

Would these have that problem?

I’m glad someone else noticed they bought baked goods and put them on unused pans :slight_smile:

Actually I hand wash most nonstick pots and pans but these are aluminized steel so they are fine in the dishwasher.

Also these sheet pans are not for cookies… I use them for meat, biscuits, etc.

The cooking spray with the flour in it is awesome. I use it all the time when baking. It makes life, so much easier!

Thinking about maybe getting this set. I have some airbake cookie sheets, and I hate them.

I have no idea why that made me laugh, but thank you. :slight_smile:

What kind of toxic substance do they use to make their pans non stick? There’s no mention they’re PTFE/PFOA-Free or Petroleum-Free.

Uhmm what recipes are you looking at and how long would that muffin pan be lol - just make two batches if you want 24!

I’m in for this, but if anyone wants to snail mail trade, I’d send the muffin tin and both cake pans for a square pan and a half sheet OR full sheet.

My pleasure :slight_smile: I think it has been a long week for everyone.

And if you really need 24 muffins, you can always save half the batter and bake in the same pan 30 min later OR buy another pan…

This is a very good price and I am thinking about it (still reeling from over-spending on woot-offs, and I have promised I WON’T BUY ANYTHING UNLESS I DESPERATELY NEED IT). As if. All that being said, I recommend that you get heavy aluminum or stainless steel sheet pans (jelly-roll pans are also on sale for only 10 bucks in one of the Woot-Plus sections!) and non-stick baking mats. These are well worth the investment, and I have now replaced everything else with these relatively inexpensive sheets with the mats. The mats are washable, and NOTHING STICKS! I use them to make sweet potato and taro ‘fries’ which I sprinkle with olive oil and a garlic concoction I make and which is delicious and much healthier than regular fries, and to bake most everything.

its over $100 at least… but not sure about $160

Maybe I’m thinking cupcake recipes. My concern isn’t so much that of making one batch at a time but having the batter stand too long and end up with “rubbery” pastries (like when you forget to preheat the oven and end up waiting for it). :stuck_out_tongue:

…also, you ideally want to pour your batter into a cool pan, so making one batch after the other just isn’t the most feasible.

I’d just like the half sheet pan and cupcake pan. Work for you?

Unless you’ve got a super huge fancy oven, a full sheet pan isn’t going to fit. Half sheet is the standard size for home ovens.

It’s like standard beer kegs, which are half barrels. They aren’t half kegs; “barrel” is a unit of measure, equivalent to 31 gallons, so a half barrel keg, a full, standard keg, is 15.5 gallons.

So a half sheet pan is a full-sized standard home pan. Full sheet pans are HUGE!!