Cuisinart Automatic Bread Maker

very interesting…i might buy this one from new egg instead…one thing for sure it will definitely ship faster then woot service… any comments guys???

Can Women use the Men’s Guide to…, or do they have to use a “special” woman’s edition?..

Loads of Bread Maker Recipes:

bread-maker.net

allrecipes.com

bread-machine-recipes.com

I bought it from newegg…that one is convection while this one is not. (Convection should lead to less tendency for sogginess and a crisper crust, BUT it will also be louder while baking. If you plan to bake the bread in a regular oven, it doesn’t matter anyway.)

Bigger factor is that the 200 version has regular/rapid as options for several bread types (white, wheat, sweet) while the 100 only has only a single, generic “rapid rise” option. If you use rapid rise yeast on the 100, you can’t use the other cycles in combination with the rapid rise feature.

I also like the ‘low carb’ idea, although perhaps the gluten-free setting is close enough.

I think either machine is a solid deal, though!

Some reviews:

Best Bread Machine blog

at Buy Bread Machine

at Bread Maker Review

Here’s a video.

That is a very interesting question. * Existenz*, however, ponders reality without reason, therefore your question is moot…

My question, on the other hand, is can this vehicle present us with the basic necessity of life’s cultural needs by providing above said culinary manifestations?

Only $44 and you can make your own bread… Sweet deal.

Question is. Is it in American currency or Chineese, and what denomination are the bills.

Thanks

Congratulations, and welcome to woot!.. I see this is your first day and you have accomplished your first post on the woot! Community forum… and to answer your question – YES, we all are very real…

Question: Can this machine possibly set off the smoke-alarm in my dorm room?

Real??? Who is real??? What is real??? Real, compared to what??? Everyone has there own reality. If yours and theirs overlap - you’re lucky. If not, try again. If you don’t like your reality - change it! After all - It IS, YOUR reality!

a.

I ordered the convection bread-maker from newegg. The free shipping balanced out the sales tax. :slight_smile:

I’m sure it probably could if you added enough mono and diglycerides, exthoxylated mono and diglycerides, sodium stearoyl lactylate, calcium iodate, calcium dioxide, Diacetyl Tartaric Acid Ester of Monoglyceride, calcium sulfate, ammonium sulfate, dicalcium phosphate, diammonium phosphate, and calcium propionate like the real Wonder Bread does.

Oh, you’re just going to be using normal foodstuffs like flour, water, salt, and yeast and not a vast array of bewildering chemicals? Well, you probably shouldn’t expect to be cranking out loaves of fluffy, life-annihilating zombie bread, then.

Hm, kitchen’s far too small for one of these specialty devices. Bread makers, ice cream makers, waffle irons… I couldn’t get enough use out of one of those to justify having to remove a toaster, blender, or microwave just to make room for it. XD

I use another model breadmaker and found light is the only setting that I enjoy the bread baked at.Otherwise it tends to be too hard crusted.

I do wish I could find a truly horizontal shaped breadmaker that didn’t cost a lot. My machine makes bread that is SO tall that I don’t like making sandwiches with it cos they end up being bigger than I want (need).

That said, there is nothing that smells as good or tastes as good as homemade bread.

I own a similar model and use it all the time. The recipe book that comes along is great. I wouldn’t have thought of sun-dried tomato pesto bread on my own. I’ve also used it to make soft pretzel dough. I would say the main advantage is that it does the mixing and rising so my kitchen stays much cleaner and I’m free to do more important things, like comment on Woot! Definitely recommended.

I had a breadmaker for years, loved being able to make a batch of dough and form it and bake if off myself. That’s really the only way to ensure you get the shape and texture bread you’d like.

However, these things are counter hogs and I don’t need another device beeping loudly at me (and my sensitive eared dogs).

My Kitchen Aid stand mixer fills in nicely for a bread (dough) and many other recipe maker.

It is because of this breadmaker that I DON’T buy Cuisinart anymore. The crust was burnt even on the lowest setting. Called Cuisinart and they told me that I didn’t know what homemade bread was supposed to be like and I should go with another brand. I do know what it is supposed to be like and it isn’t burnt. I mainly use the breadmaker to mix and raise the dough, but periodically want it cooked in the machine itself. I bought a Panasonic and haven’t looked back. Yes, crust and bread is harder and more dense that store bought wheat bread, but yummy.

Bottom line, don’t expect great support or a good breadmaker.

If you do get this machine or any other bread machine for that matter, invest in quality flour and yeast. I love “King Arthur” flour. Not only is the flour great, but so is the website and their support center. When I called them, they answered all my questions and taught me over the phone how to adapt a regular bread recipe for bread machines. Can’t recommend King Arthur flour, website, and people enough.

what’s with the tax??? i don’t live in TX (thank goodness:)!!!