Cuisinart Cast Iron Casseroles

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]
http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/78dba3f2-1cc5-4493-9805-43f37b4299ce.jpg

Cuisinart Cast Iron Casseroles
Price: $49.99 - 69.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $15 Two-Day OR $18 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Friday, Jun 27 to Monday, Jun 30) + transit
Condition: New

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](http://home.woot.com/offers/cuisinart-cast-iron-casseroles-6) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Cuisinart Cast Iron Casseroles) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbm=shop&q=Cuisinart Cast Iron Casseroles)

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
5/12/2014 - $49.99 - 69.99 - 17 comment(s)
2/26/2014 - $49.99 - 69.99 - 39 comment(s)

3/6/2014 - $49.99 (Woot Plus)

Near perfect reviews (4.9 out of 5.0) over at The O

and

Check out the product page

I bought the oval one at another WOOT sale. I must say it cooks like a dream. After 3 times little holes chipped out in the bottom. I sent it back to Cuisinart and they replaced it with a new one - that came with a chip in the lid. I would have sent that back as well but you have to pay your own postage and it is expensive.

I bought the blue seven quart here almost four years ago and it is still going strong without any chips, not even when I moved.

I don’t use it every week, but I’ve probably used it forty or fifty times, mostly for braising pork shoulder or chuck roast.

Have had my 7qt. round for 7 years and use it for braising and for making “no-knead” bread using Cook’s Illustrated’s recipe (like it better than the NY Times recipe) which requires heating the empty pot & lid to 500°. After 7 years of use, and probably 80 - 100 loaves of bread, it’s still in excellent shape. No chips or cracks, only some minor interior staining/discoloration. Excellent pot … excellent company … great value (especially compared to LeCruset)!

10 Step Chili With BEER Recipe:

1. Get a pot like this.
  2. Add 2 pounds of Beef and 2 pounds of Pork and 2 cans of beer. Add Jalapenos (depending on how hot you like it), salt, pepper, 1 garlic head. Cooked smoked bacon is an excellent addition.
  3. cook for 2 hours. hi first 30 minutes, then simmer.
  4. Take the meat out set aside. 5. Fill pot (still with meat juices) with tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, garlic, hot peppers. Add any other veggies you feel like, too.
  5. Cook veggies maybe 1 hour.
  6. Add your favorite chili powder, Tabasco sauce, salt & pepper to taste.
  7. Blend it all down with an immersion blender.
  8. Add small amount of masa corn flour as need to thicken.
  9. Pull the cooked beef and pork apart with forks or sharp fingernails, then add back into pot.
  10. ENJOY!

I swear by cast iron cookware. I have two Dutch Ovens from Lodge that are very versatile for soups, stews, no-knead bread, etc. I’ve also added a Le Creuset griddle and large oval pan.

In all honesty, the low price stuff from recognized brands are all fine and perform mostly similarly. They all heat up evenly, retain heat well, and clean up easily. However, I would avoid the absolute cheapest stuff from no-name brands as there are reports of the enamel exploding under high heat for poorly made cookware.

When my “real” cast iron chips its surface, I will let you all know.

So far, after going through a house fire, none of my “real” cast iron has suffered, outside of the stuff that got thrown out of the old house. (One of my Lodge Woot! cast iron skillets was cracked, but the handle is still intact.) Another 12 inch Lodge deep skillet had the handle broken off, but it didn’t crack the main body, like the Woot! skillet suffered. (I still have an intact Woot! skillet, and the other serves as a lid holder.)

Point is, unless there is traumatic damage to a REAL cast iron product, it can be fixed.

Try that with something enameled! You “ain’t” gonna do it!

steve

Yes, the Cook’s Illustrated recipe is great, but you need to try in in a “Real” cast iron pot. I will guarantee that pot will NEVER chip. Period!

(Oh, Cook’s Illustrated “borrowed” the recipe from the NYT recipe. {With permission.})

steve

I make this in one of these all the time, it’s really good and people get a kick out of it. This works with charcoal or gas grill, or in a regular oven.

1 can pie filling (cherry, blueberry, peaches)
1 sm. can crushed pineapple
1 box white or yellow cake mix
1 1/2 sticks butter
1/2 c. chopped nuts

Dump in dutch oven 1 can pie filling and spread evenly. Dump in 1 can crushed pineapple, spread over pie filling. Sprinkle over top 1 box of dry cake mix. Spread evenly. Pour melted butter over top. Add 1/2 cup chopped nuts. Cover dutch oven and Bake on grill at about 375 degrees for 1 hour.

If you are using a regular Dutch oven you can add top coals at 45 minuets then take it off the fire at one hour and leave the top coals for another 15 minuets for a nice semi crispy top.

Grilled Cake, they will try it because it sounds strange, they will eat it because it is that good.

If you use apple pie filling, use a spice cake mix and omit the pineapple. Also I skip the nuts.

Too bad everything Cuisinart is made in China. I will avoid this purchase. But I will try these recipes in my LeCrueset. Thanks for those! The cake sounds like dump cake.

Is there something inherently wrong with products manufactured in China, as you imply?

Simply a must-have for any kitchen.

I don’t know that the quality of these really justifies the price (you can likely find similar at Satan - I mean WAl*Mart - for less) but these are good.

According to your own testimony, you ain’t gonna fix it, either.

Comparing prices against amazon (free shipping for amazon Prime members, $5.00 for woot):

size -> amazon -> woot

5 1/2 qt round -> $83.99 -> $49.99 (5 qt, so a tad smaller)

7 qt round -> $108.95 -> $69.99

While this is no doubt tasty, it ain’t chili. Real chili is not pureed with an immersion blender! There is no beer in real chili! Real chili is meat, chiles, salt and pepper, cooked together until thick. Adding masa is OK, but I’d rather break cornbread into my bowl of red.

Personally, I add beans, onion and garlic, but I don’t deviate too much from the ideal.

I’ve been known to deviate elsewhere, though.

First, buy many of these in different shapes and colors. Next, marry/date someone who really likes to cook; third, have her take one for a test spin; tell her it was really, really good! Ask what else can she make? She makes Osso Buco. Tell her it’s the best you’ve ever had. See physician for annual physical. Physician tells you to drop 10 to 15 pounds. You return home and shine up her favorite pot. Repeat, starting at three; earlier if # one doesn’t work out.

We got a couple of these last time around, 1 for us and 1 for a gift. We also have a couple of the le creuset versions in different sizes.

For the life of me I can not see why these are $50-$70 and the French ones are $300 to $450. Perhaps time will tell but these Cuisinart ones have been working out wonderfully.

We make this ALL the time at home in a regular 14X9 Pyrex dish. We call it “dump cake” because you dump in all the ingredients and bake. I will have to try it in cast iron. :smiley: