Cuisinart Mix It In Soft Serve Ice Cream Maker

Any chance this thing is NSF approved?

We own it and love it, spent move than 100 dollars more for this price. Still was worth knowing what my girls eat.

We only recommend freezing the bowl in a deep freezer if you plan on using the mix-ins. If not more of a blizzard, Still good.

Best item in years purchased for the kids. Adults love it also.

Silk works great for recipes

Here is the mandatory Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-Ice-45-Soft-Serve-2-Quart-Ice-Cream/dp/B000F94GPQ

Family said he was a real nice guy. Loved selling ice cream to the kids. A little ironic that he’d be killed with an ice cream machine, eh?

Yes, ironic indeed…
Looks like this softy,
got served.

Hey lazy-butt, ice cream is the easiest thing in the world to make. Don’t use the mixes - you don’t need them. Just follow the recipes in the book - most are 5 ingredients: sugar and water (boiled together and cooled) milk, cream and some flavoring. Skip the mix and buy yourself some real vanilla beans for an exceptional treat!

I got one of these as a bridal shower gift… the recipes aren’t even THAT hard (i know for some boiling can be a challenge!)… it’s just mix milk and sugar… add cream… then vanilla and whatever other flavorings your using… no stove required just bowl, measuring cups, and a spoon for mixin…

I’ve tried the frozen yogurt recipes too and i wasn’t AS impressed…

Also be prepared the ice cream that comes out is VERY VERY soft sometimes almost melty so I tuck it away in the freezer for a few after it’s done to harden it up a lil if i’m not in the mood for melty ice cream…

I’m in for one & you should be too.

Just to clarify… I asked only because I had this add ice, add rock salt ice cream maker and it came with 6 packages of pre-mix. I have 4 left so I thought I’d rather not waste 'em…

I have the Cuisineart hard ice cream maker. Looks like it has the same bowl as this.
After last Christmas, I had a quart of store-bought egg nog left over. I dumped it in and got frozen custard.

Howstuffworks EXPERT Review

Can you make gelato with this?

Who knows the recipe for Carvels??!

With two little kids in the house, this is almost a necessity. In for one!

This site says you can.

But about.com warns “But don’t expect to be able to get Italian gelateria-style results by making a gelato recipe in your home ice cream machine.”

if I can get close that’s worth the cost of admission to me! thanks.

buy.com had these last week for $49.99 and free shipping.

I found a second review area on AMAZON, that is different from the first Amazon review. These amazon reviews aren’t as kind. A lot of complaints that it is more like a child’s toy and the consistency isn’t very good. I was going for it until I found this review on the parent company.

Be careful. Most of the reviews from this guide are saying they are returning the product. These are the units we are buying. But most said they paid up to $200. At $45 it might be an OK investment.

Visit Amazon Link Part 2

If for some reason you’re making vegan “ice cream,” you may want to read up on emulsifiers and stabilizers that will help the texture a lot. Here’s one that’s a soybean extract and another that’s from seaweed. (I have no connection to this vendor, The Spice House, except as a satisfied customer. And for that matter, if you’re making ice cream of any kind, you might want to check out the five kinds of cinnamon this place sells and lots of other great stuff.)

If you want something smaller:

Half Pint™ Soft-Serve Ice Cream Maker http://www.hamiltonbeach.com/ice-cream-makers-half-pint-soft-serve-ice-cream-maker-blueberry-color.html