Cuisinart Pure Indulgence Frozen Yogurt-Sorbet & Ice Cream Maker

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Cuisinart Pure Indulgence Frozen Yogurt-Sorbet & Ice Cream Maker
$34.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Lieutenant Dan, ice cream!!

Seems like a really good price, although it is refurbed…

Whew! Something I want, but have absolutely no room for in my kitchen. Saved!

Yum!!!

I have one of the older models: works great and I love the assortment of things you can make!

My brother got my tween one of these for Christmas last year. I gotta say - it makes pretty good ice cream.

$64 NEW on amazon, great reviews

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-ICE-30BC-Indulgence-2-Quart-Automatic/dp/B0006ONQOC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1315928092&sr=8-1

I love that they’ve done away with using salt to make ice cream. Now I can use my salt for other, more flavorful purposes - like lining glasses for the frozen margaritas this can make!

Just FYI, this is really BIG. I bought this on woot a month or so ago. I haven’t had the opportunity to use it yet, but it seems sturdy. I’m just not sure where to store it.

This is one of those items that makes me wonder how there are more than one “refurb” out there???

Picked one of these up in the last Woot-Off. It’s a noisy little machine, but it does spin a decent batch of ice cream. I prefer the KitchenAid ice cream attachment, but the price on this makes it an attractive alternative.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&safe=active&q=Cuisinart+Pure+Indulgence+Frozen+Yogurt-Sorbet+%26+Ice+Cream+Maker&gs_upl=0l0l1l2374l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0ll0l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1440&bih=773&wrapid=tlif131592815476210&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=13386863023741188850&sa=X&ei=Z3hvTu-GK8ugsQL69pT8CQ&ved=0CGcQ8wIwAg#

Looks like great reviews all around. WooTers have a great deal on this one.

Ok, who wants to buy this for me?

Does this make good ice cream? Anyone know?

I would definitely buy this if I could justify gaining over 9,000 pounds.

I own one of these and it works pretty well - IF you pre-chill the ingredients. They mention this in the manual like it is an optional step but in reality I found it had a very hard time freezing unless you had already cooled all the ingredients down to as close to freezing as possible. I also found it had a hard time making mixed drinks due to the alcohol lowering the freezing point of the solution - and it takes awhile. Invest in a good blender for that task.

Just my two cents. When it works, the end product is tasty.

docbio

i got this when it was for sale here a couple weeks ago, and it’s great. definitely worth considering. made some great cookies n’ cream ice cream in 30 minutes start to finish

I have one of these! Absolutely awesome! We use it so often it lives on the counter top. Ice Cream or Frozen Yogurt in 20 min with no mess!

kicks woot

I tried to get one of these for my husband’s anniversary present in the last woot-off, but since it came right after a BoC, the servers were swamped and I couldn’t get through. I’ve checked every day since then, and ended up buying one from Amazon at $30 more. Our anniversary was Friday, and now here the ice cream maker is again.

He likes it, though. You put the inner bowl in the freezer for 6-24 hours, the machine turns the bowl, you have ice cream in about 25-30 minutes.