Cuisinart Smart Stick Hand Blender

How about for 34.99 with shipping?

I have one of these I got at Costco and absolutely love it. I use it to whip meringue for lemon meringue pies – works faster and better than any hand held electric mixers I have tried. I also use the immersion blender to puree roasted red pepper soup – so much easier than using a blender and quick clean up.

I received one of these as a Christmas present about five years ago. Love it and it is still going strong.

Just where did you get this for only $18? This one is $35 w/shipping.

Where can we get one for $18.00?

I also received this as a gift at least 5 years ago. Yes, it is still going strong.

After all this time the main blender attachment/motor-handle attachment is very slightly looser than it was new, but still locks safe and powers on. I learned you shouldn’t put the mini-processor lid in the dishwasher, as the heat/pressure difference will force water into the inside (which can’t be opened). It did eventually drain/dry by placing it right-side up on a paper towel in the sun. The whisk attachment, especially when used in the small measuring cup, is more of a tiny whirlpool of finely coating your kitchen with vinaigrette or eggs. Seriously too fast and overpowered to usefully whisk anything; just build up your forearm with a normal hand-whisk.

Overall, I would say that the unit is very useful, the mini-processor handles most jobs okay (I agree, don’t try hard cheese, but nuts and whatnot are fine), but the whisk is worthless. I have made many many batches of mulligatawny with this and it still chews hot lentils like mad.

Used reasonably, cleaned by hand, and stored dry, this product will no doubt last many years and is a good deal at this price.

Cheers!

You ought to see what you can do to yourself with a snow blower if you’re stupid enough.

For $18 I would… but this is $29.99 + shipping

We had one for about 4-5 years. The bottom of the small mixing container with the lid is cracked, but still works. The gears for the beater have gone completely and no longer work. The rest is going strong. So $40 for 4-5 years is not bad.

We have had one of these for about 4.5 years. We got it as a gift when our daughter was born. Since then, we have used it less than 5 times.

Just takes up more room in our kitchen.

One of the few times was to make sugar plums at Christmas time. It was great for chopping the nuts(which can easily be done by hand) and terrible for mixing/grinding the dried fruits(they just became stuck in the blade shroud). Overall, I guess some people might find it useful, but we really don’t have any use for ours and it just sits there.

My thoughts exactly. My smart stick sh!t the bed about a week ago after no more than 6 months. I would advise steering clear of this, the plastic gears make this machine becoming useless a question of “when, not if”

Wood chippers are also not for the careless.

That sound yummy? Very Dickens. Got a recipe?

We use Alton Brown’s recipe.

We saw the Christmas episode of Good Eats and my wife decided we absolutely needed to make them. I would suggest making a double batch if going to a large party, especially if you have adventurous eaters. My wife loves them and will make extra just for herself.

Be prepared, they are very sticky, so you may want to use disposable gloves like a restraint worker when preparing them. Also clean up is a pain.

This hand mixer really is probably one of the better options for making these, but it will take awhile due to its size.

eta: Recipe says it will make 80 balls, but we had trouble making them that small, so we probably had about 40 or so. They look really small if you try to make 80.

Have this also…

Stainless steel…Detatchable for cleaning…

Don’t use the attachments much…

As said above…Connect it unplugged…Plug it in…Use it…UNPLUG IT IMMEDIATELY…Then remove/detach and go from there…

Most injuries happen because someone leaves it plugged in when they think it isn’t…

You would not have a chance…If the two pieces were “lose” or your fingers were close to the blades when it accidentally got turned on…

This is as dangerous an item as you have in your kitchen…

Great item…But you have to be very careful…

We also had the plastic gear wear out on TWO of these. We used it daily to make smoothies with yogurt & fruit, which I guess was just too much for it. Each lasted about a year. I’m sure it’s fine for occasional or light use. After the second one wore out, we bought the cheapest one we could find on Amazon and it is going strong for 3 years.

$18? Where did you see that?

I wanna know it 2

I always assumed the plastic gear inside was a safety issue. Mines been going strong for years but if it somehow got a finger I’d rather it strip the gear than the finger.

Um, apparently I have Cuisinarted my brain and transplanted the $18 from the thermometer onto this thing. Oops!