Cuisinart SmartPower Duet Blender & Food Processor

Picked this up in a previous woot! and it has been great. We use it primarily to make baby food; mixed vegetables, avocados and such. Would run you $90 at Amazon

I bought one of these during the last time it was on woot. I have had no issues with it yet. It will make margaritas in the blender part and I have chopped many veggies in the food processor side.

Two notes: It is really loud and so if this is an issue don’t buy it. Also it is definitely not a chef quality food processor, but you didn’t really think it was for $40 right?

Did you drop your alphabet into your Cuisinart?

Great deal, but the reviews on amazon sent me running

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-SmartPower-Duet®-Blender-Processor/product-reviews/B001BHECUA/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Seems like its very loud, I want something I’ll be able to use to make breakfast smoothies before work, have a feeling neighbors might complain(In an apartment building) about this one

I bought my mom this when it was Woot! last time. We have used it some but not a ton. It actually does a great job or shredding / slicing bulk cheese. It makes a nice feathery shred and you can cut a block down to just fit in the chute and make really nice cracker slices. There will be a little cheese wasted once you get to the end but not a lot.

No, it won’t turn your Woot! Monkey into powder (Woot Monkey Smoke, Don’t Breathe This!) but if you want to have a basic blender and food processor its not a bad deal at all.

Purchased it a few weeks ago. We live in a small retirement community apartment. Had an old, full-size Cuisinart processor that we used to use a lot, but here it took up far too much room and it just sat. This dual product fits our bill perfectly. We’re actually using it!
WAW40

last week i bought ge 14-cup digital food processor with free shipping. Used it 1 time and so far so good. The thing is huge.

LOUD, as in louder than any kitchen appliance I have ever come in contact with and maybe even louder than most lawnmowers I’ve owned. We bought one for my boyfirend who has need for a blender or a food processor only occasionally. It reduces the need for 2 appliances, does an adequate (although not great) job, and since it’s not used often we can put up with the noise. Now I cook a lot, and this would drive me crazy. If you’re looking for something you will use frequently, I would pass on this one. (I picked up a Breville blender on Woot last year that is awesome!)

Reviews at Overstock for this exact model were rather good. I’m looking forward to freeing up some much needed counter space … and smoothies. (Bed Bath & Beyond | The Best Deals Online: Furniture, Bedding, Rugs, Kitchen Essentials & Moree)

I was given this item as a gift for Christmas a few years ago. I used it twice when the motor started emitting a plastic burn smell, then died. Thinking I was an idiot and that I somehow screwed up in operating said blender, I thought the problem mine. Not the case. I went back to unnamed large dept. store w/ a red star on it and brought it back for a new one, and had the EXACT SAME PROBLEM. It blended successfully a total of 2 times between the 2 items (not really a great deal, if you ask me, as it was, by the way, approx. $100 new).

I like mine. It is loud. It crushes ice into oblivion. It chops veggies into uber thin slices. It blended a bamboo kitchen utensil whilst trying to make a smoothie. I recommend adding frozen fruits in gradually and slowly rather than putting them all in at once as the pitcher shape allows for the rest of the frozen stuff to sit outside the spinning zone of the blades. Not the best design- but it works and has created many a smoothie/milkshake/guacamole for me since purchasing from WOOT!

Just got one! I have read all the noise reviews but at $40.00 and the brand-name, decided to take the plunge! Hope I made the right choice.

I’m gonna try it.

The food processor base uses some kind of gears to change the speed and torque. It can’t go in the water or it gets ruined. When ours went bad Cuisinart replaced it free, but I didn’t let on that it had gone in the dish water. I wonder if some of the problems people report are due to the food processor base getting wet. Anyway, only use a damp rage to clean spills on the food processor base.

I purchased this from a previous wooting, and can report that it works well as both a blender and a food processor.

The food processor part is smaller than you would expect, so if you’re making cole slaw for an army, maybe you should consider a larger model (or a brigade of FNGs), but it works well for my wife and I.

The blender makes liver and onion smoothies like nobody’s business!

db

I bought this for myself right before Christmas and it works well. The blender and food processor are easily switchable. I’ve used it to process chicken, nuts, tomatoes, celery, and onions. It worked well on everything. Did not work on cheddar cheese but that was probably my fault—it ground it up then the cheese created a big lump. The only thing I don’t like about this is that the motor is ** LOUD.** I used it the other day to make spaghetti sauce and told my DH that I was putting some earplugs in the kitchen for when I use it, and I really plan to do so. Would recommend only because it’s so cheap here.

I like how woot construed your words. As for an actual guacamole shake…I’ve had one, sort of. At a Vietnamese restaurant I had an avocado shake once because it was on the menu and I just wanted to try it. It was sweet at first just like a milkshake but then it just tasted like a sweetened avocado with cream…a little strange. It was very odd so I only had a few sips (the only reason I drank more than one sip was to see if maybe I had misjudged the first few). I went a very long time without it and then about six years later I had forgotten how it tasted the first time so decided to try it one more time.

I then remembered why I didn’t finish it the first time…

Bought this last time it was on here. I love it. Does a great job as a blender and on the rare occasions I need something like a food processor, it does ok. Not louder than I would expect any blender, either, so not sure what everyone is talking about there. Also, the motor did smell while I used it the first few times, but nothing now. I’d buy again if I was in need. Goes great with the stainless steel appliances, too.

I have this and it’s really not that bad. I could see how it would be too small if you were cooking for many more than two, but I’m not so it’s not usually an issue. If I have a lot of stuff I just process it in batches, not a big deal. It does have a kind of funny smell that takes a while to go away (and then comes back sometimes when you use the motor for a while) and is pretty loud, but I don’t use it super often so it’s fine for me!

I bought this new at Costco for $5 more, and for one person with limited (apartment) kitchen space, it’s fantastic. Sliced veggies, grated cheese, fresh homemade hummus, etc. Love it!