Cuisinart SmartPower Duet Blender & Food Processor

Wow, these have glass jars. You don’t see that much in sub-$50 blenders. Glass is so much easier to clean, especially when the contents is greasy. I’d grab one if I didn’t already have a blender/processor.

I have one of these, and it’s loud, but it’s not that loud. I mean, you’re not going to be deafened by it.

I use it more for food processing than for blending. The food processing container is plastic, and the blender jar is glass.

This thing is great as a blender and serviceable as a food processor. The pitcher is huge for the blender. The food processor part is tiny. The blade’s lowest speed setting is also very high, so it will puree something before it chops it up into small bits. Buy it as a blender with bonus food processor and you’ll be satisfied. Buy it as a food processor with bonus blender and you’ll be mildly disappointed.

Actually, the manual has a dozen or so recipes. The pesto recipe is pretty good.

This is a fabulous blender and food processor. I have had the white one for several years, and it is just starting to die. The blender works great for making shakes, drinks, etc.and for creaming recipe ingredients. The food processor is also very dependable; it truly will pulse where other processors tend to partially liquify items instead of chopping them. It’s very easy to clean. Overall, very highly recommended. I’m in for the brushed chrome one this time!

in for 1 chromed one for the hubby … thanks woot! :slight_smile:

now, i need woot to sell bandages because everyone keeps mentioning how sharply dangerous it has been for them, so, i know he’ll cut himself with it!

About referbs… I would take most referbs before the new product. As long as the company is reputable, I know I will get a quality product. Think of it this way. They paid to have it shipped back, torn apart, rebuilt and then sold at a cheaper price. Do you think they want to see it back again??? Referbs generally are better built and inspected than the original new item.

Damn you w00000000t!

Just picked up the exact same thing at costco. For way more. Real good deal.

Costco return policy FTW. err… for the win.

In for 1 for the wifey for Christmas… hope it gets here by then…

Yep, that’s my thoughts too w/ most companies

My 2 cents:

Ive checked out the reviews on a few sites, and overwhelmingly I have to say I will not buy this woot.

The strongest reason is Amazons review… 40 1 stars cant be wrong against 106 total.

Its a shame really, I would have bought it if it werent for my stock in Amazon reviews

I’ve had a white one for at least 7 years and have zero complaints. The plastic hasn’t even yellowed despite being in direct sunlight most of the time. I love this heavy duty blender combo. Quality product.

Got one as a wedding gift. It worked fine up until the moment I recycled the packaging, then part of the motor disintegrated. We’ve moved on.

Hey Man, BLADES ARE SHARP! wow… never ceases to amaze me. I should also mention fast food coffee is hot!! I mean if you didn’t expect BLADES to be sharp then you need some preparation for life… fyi, if my blades were not sharp on a food processor I would sure as hades send it back…

In for one, even though the Amazon reviews make me wary.
I’m weighing it against having worked at an ice cream store for two years where we constantly made milkshakes and smoothies from frozen fruit- I’ve had all the same complaints with six or seven different types of blenders. If there’s not a plastic piece on the base, there’s inevitably one between the blade and the bottom of the pitcher which will break. Half of them overheat and smell. The other half need some special finesse to not leave huge chunks at the end of a blend. And they’re all loud. Here’s hoping that the reviewers were just overly optimistic about the capability of a blender.

Got the white one a few years ago for xmas. She got me through several pinches and took abuse for a wedding catering job. Still works grand. The glass for the blender piece is nice and thick too, and has survived my clumsiness thus far.

I absolutely love mine!

Refurbished…

I must wonder how well they cleaned & sanitized the prior owners blended bass?

Pass.

Go back to your previous post and make the correction - you don’t want to give wooters the wrong info…

"the whole all plastic idea is a little bit of a bummer. I like for my blender to be really thick glass. "