Cuisinart SmartPower Duet Blender & Food Processor

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Cuisinart SmartPower Duet Blender & Food Processor
$32.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Not stellar reviews on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/FPB%2D5CHBFR-SmartPower-Blender%2FFood-Processor-Reconditioned/dp/B001BHECUA/ref=sr_1_5?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1318352250&sr=1-5

Most complaints about how loud it is.

FFFFUUUUCCCCC… get to the good stuff.

Now we are starting to mix things up a bit.

OK - this is a deal, folks. LOVE me my silver one of these, courtesy of a prior Wooting - use it daily (at least once, sometimes more, daily) - and it’s a terrific performer.

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with Woot or Cuisinart - other than being a very happy Wooter, especially on this item, LOL!

Seriously - it’s a goodie.

I have this style of food processor and I hate it!!! Look at the center post, see how it goes all the way to the top? If you add stuff in and are not using the graters that fit on the top food gets stuck inside the center post making for a lot of extra work.

I would suggest getting one that the center post stops half way up and has a lid to prevent food from getting inside the center.

What sells slower than an expensive flash drive? An expensiver vacuum cleaner.

What sells slower than an expensive vacuum cleaner? This.

cool stuff. Just had to add a random post!

Used, broken, “fixed” is the new “on sale” of the decade I guess. Oh look honey! it’s on sale for a really good price! Wait a minute, it’s been previously used. Nevermind.

Not Again!

Cuisinart usually has good quality, durable, small appliances.

This isn’t one of them.

A family member owned one. The motor gave out on it in less than 6 months.

If you want a good food processor, look towards Cuisinart’s regular food processors.

Yet another letdown Woot. I honestly cannot believe the items being listed today. :frowning: I do hope for a WOW! product after this “houseware” telethon you are throwing up :slight_smile:

I would love me a food processor, but alas, not yet.

I need to put my brain in one of these right about now.

I feel like someone should tell Woot that people can’t login. Or that I am really unlucky on my other computers. (I have to get ready for the Bucket of Candycorn

How does it do with ice/smoothie making?

This is an excellent deal. Rarely do you see inexpensive blenders with a glass jar anymore. They’re usually reserved for industrial, i.e. BlendTec, or gourmet blenders. Unfortunately, Amazon reviewers don’t like the food processor too much.

Of note, the Cuisinart is today is not the high end manufacturer of appliances for serious cooks anymore. Things appaarently went downhill after it was bought by Conair, the hair dyer company.

Bought one last time they were up (white, brushed chrome wasn’t available).

Haven’t used the food processor but the blender is worth the money (not crazy about the blender being glass but that’s okay). Crushes ice and does the slushee thing for margaritas quickly and without ice chunks left.

Poor reviews on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-BFP-703-SmartPower-Blender-Processor/dp/B00004S9CI

Bought one last time they were up (white, brushed chrome wasn’t available).

Haven’t used the food processor but the blender is worth the money (not crazy about the blender being glass but that’s okay). Crushes ice and does the slushee thing for margaritas quickly and without ice chunks left.