Cuisinart Soft Serve Ice Cream Maker-4 Colors

I thought about trying one but it appears to take up a LOT of counter space. Something we don’t have much of :frowning:

Then you use it only a couple times and give it to Good Will…

We have one. Bought an extra bowl for more non-stop ice-cream action.

Things to know:

• The bowl is about 8" diameter total
  • Place your bowl in a zip-lock bag before freezing - helps prevent ice crystals from forming inside bowl in the freezer
  • Yes, it is a bit loud
  • Yes, it is a lot of fun - especially when the extended family is over, we can’t get this thing out fast enough; everyone loves soft-serve in our family
  • It takes 17 minutes for “perfect” ice cream from ours; YMMV based on how cold your freezer is
  • You don’t have to use the mix-ins. We do; everyone loves it
  • We use low-fat milk & Junket Ice Cream Mix (found at any grocery). If we know company is coming, I mix it the night before in a shaker bottle, all you have to do then is pour into the machine and go.

Hope this helps

How many ice cream cones do you get out of 1.5 quarts? If 1.5 quarts is 6 cups; then can one assume that the avg ice cream cone size is about 1/2 cup and therefore, about a dozen servings from one batch?

Are the parts dishwasher safe? (top rack?)

Seems much of it isn’t, if page 7 of Instruction Booklet is to be believed.

I bet this thing makes great milkshakes too!

Thank you!

Um, they told me there would be no math…

Likely because I am about 80% done watching all of the Breaking Bad episodes to date, I saw the purple kne and my first thought was: this belongs in Marie’s kitchen.

Does this comes with a recipe book?

funny :slight_smile:

…it says it is ‘factory reconditioned.’

…what does that actually mean…?

Someone who didn’t find it to be much fun sent it back.

Youtube Video Says it All!
Looks simple to use and delicious to eat.

[youtube=AGCabu8qjRc][/youtube]

[MOD: Embedded video]

Yes, at least the new ones come with one. If not, it is available on Cuisinart’s website, Here.

I can tell you first hand that this product is not fun to use. Setup and especially cleanup are a hassle. There are too many small parts and cracks that come in contact with ice cream that need a good cleaning afterwards.

It was a great concept, but it’s too difficult to be operated by kids. There’s a chance they’ll leave one of four or five slots or levers open, covering the counter with sprinkles or ice cream.

I will say that the ice cream it does make is really good, just not worth the hassle.

I have an older model of This Cuisinart Ice cream maker and it’s much easier to use and there’s only two parts to clean.

…$45 can buy alot of ice cream at the grocery store… just sayin’…

Great video… If I didn’t want to read the description. :stuck_out_tongue:

A “demo” video should, maybe, actually show the product being used, not just talked about?? my .02 cents. :wink:

Yep. And commercial ice cream is almost as toxic as commercial soft drinks; loaded with emulsifiers, carageenan, binding agents… ew.

Homemade ice cream is not particularly inexpensive to make, but I love knowing what goes into it. And homemade ice cream is wicked good. I have a recipe I use that calls for eggs, heavy cream, whole milk, sugar and vanilla beans. SO good. That recipe you have to cook and temper the eggs. I have another recipe that is very similar but omits the eggs, so I use raw milk, and our ice cream is a living, breathing, pro-biotic.

Get a couple extra bowls, keep them in the freezer. That way you always have a bowl ready, and couple do multiple flavors without have to clean out the single bowl and wait for it to refreeze. Funny part is that the bowl itself is over 30 bucks…