Curiousest

if it was just alice and the doctor i would buy this shirt in a heartbeat… the others…

Woah, just noticed the artist’s bio actually makes sense for once. Of course, the San Diego Comic Con is a pretty big deal…

It looks like she ate her hand actually, she’s been hanging out with the Hatter too much.

Shouldn’t they have taken a left turn at Albuquerque?

I would have thought Curious George would be on it, based on the title, but it’s an awesome shirt nevertheless

This shirt’s a hard sell- you have to like all of the references.
For instance, I love fairy tales, casually enjoy Dr Who, adore portal, but hate stoner flicks.
The one reference loses a sell.

Why do the male characters all look so happy while the female characters are upset/sad? Maybe because the men have infiltrated the fantasy land of the women with their time-travel devices? My inner feminist is raging at the injustice portrayed by this patriarchal shirt design. Down with the time-traveling chauvinist pigs!

I initially thought the clock and candles were from Beauty and the Beast, but is it actually linked to something more relevant? I’m usually not too good with media references.

It’s from Portal.

I just figured they were part of the “Alice falling through the rabbit hole” setting, as it’s usually depicted with books and candelabras and so on lining the walls of the tunnel.

Since when does a portal gun propel you through time?

HAHA I thought the two guys on the phone booth were Doctors.

I should probably be flogged for that mistake…

Wyld Stallyns rule!

Most men seem ok with large holes.

Am I going to get probated for saying that? :X

Drat. My two t-shirt drawers are full, and now you offer this. Guess I’d better start drawer three.

Down in the pit there is… Your parents! and an escape elevator! Aaand… a boy band! That havn’t seen a woman in ages! And, well, just jump in the pit.

When considering the source material as a whole, the expressions for the characters are pretty accurate. The Doctor tends to grin at everything until the chips are down, and I’m at a loss to find a point where Bill and Ted treat anything seriously. Chelle, on the other hand, is rather grim in all of her source material, game and tie-in comic alike (she’s in a dystopian future fighting for her life against a homicidal AI, so it’s rather understandable - but maybe she’ll be happy now, because she finally got some cake!). Alice on the shirt seems more shocked and bewildered than sad or upset, which also seems par for the course of the canon material, let alone facing the prospect of a bunch of interlopers. Of course, with how surreal Wonderland is, you can’t blame the other travelers for wanting in on the bizarre fun. :slight_smile:

I suppose the bunny being The White Rabbit kinda fits, but I am more inclined to suspect the rabbit doll is Mimzy: the adorable mind-enhancing, time-traveling, DNA-collecting rabbit doll from the film “The Last Mimzy.”

Whoa, is that what that movie is about? Maybe I should have listened to my former roommate when she told me I ought to watch it.

Yeah, pretty much. Got them all except the portal thing which flies over my head.

…which is a reference to Through the Looking Glass. The original short story was called ‘Mimsy Were the Borogroves’, which is a line from ‘The Jabberwocky’.