Customer Service Question [resolved]

It’s been 3 days since I reached out to customer service because my account was compromised. The unauthorized person placed an order, then changed the email on the account so I can no longer access the woot account. I’ve emailed customer service several times and heard nothing, however the person who placed the order reached out to CS asking to change the shipping address on the order (while the email on the account was still mine) and that request has been responded to (I know, they replied to the original account email.)

Hi there. I’m sorry for the problems. If you want to reach out to me via Private Message here, I’ll reach out to CS. I’ll need something to help me find your old account - user name, order number, etc.

These issues are hard because we don’t have a way to verify who we’re communicating with via email but we do handle them promptly.

To private message me, click on my name and then click on Message in the box that pops up. To check your PMs, click on your avatar in the upper-right corner of any page and then click on the envelope in the menu that appears.

Thanks.! I’ve PM’d you, and greatly appreciate the help you’ve been able to provide so far.

These issues are hard because we don’t have a way to verify who we’re communicating with via email but we do handle them promptly.

I hear this but counter than none of my email requests for help have been answered and it wasn’t until this post that I got anywhere.

Some feedback: The email that is sent when you change the email associated with the account should have some instruction for what to do if you didn’t initiate the request.

Even a simple mailto: that initiates a message to the proper inbox would have been better than the link to “manage your account” that is there. Instead, I had to try to find “how to contact Woot” on my own, realize that the info I was reading didn’t apply to me because the instructions involved logging into a woot account, which I couldn’t do because the account email was changed, and go back again.

Good feedback. I’ll pass it on to the CS manager.