Cut It Out!

I’ve been eyeing the Funxion EMT for a long while as an upgrade to my EDC, it’s nice to see woot can still offer a decent discount on occasion.

Please stop with the half serrated only option.

I am glad to see the Skyline is back though. It is a knife that is generally well regarded.

The Skyline is great for EDC if you are looking for a decent sized knife that isn’t overly bulky. It’s decently slim overall and the only complaint I had with my old one was that it was stolen.

Nutnfancy review of the knife.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P07bDa9xM-o

Kershaws Skyline page

I love my Funxion EMT. I haven’t done anything too vigorous with it but it does perfect duty as an everyday cutter. I guess my only complaints would be that it’s designed for right-handers and I have to actively lock out the belt cutter/bottle opener when I need to use it. The second issue is probably specific to my knife. At this price I’m in for a couple more.

I have a couple of Kershaw knives…best knives for the price. The Kershaw company uses top rated materials for a good price…now you add Woot’s special pricing, and vola…it makes it a super great deal…I just bought a couple of EMT’s and a Skyline…If any doubts go to nutfancy on utube for Kershaw knives reviews…he really likes the Skyline…Thanks Woot for this special deal…

I own a Kershaw Black Blur (and a leek, but it’s not an option today). It’s a great knife, and solid. One of Kershaw options still made in the USA. The black tends to come off, though. If you intend to use it and for it to stay pretty, it may not be the right knife for you. If, however, you just want a really great knife, Kershaw is the place to look.

The EMT is NOT made in the USA as was stated on the description.

I am a little confoggled. The title of the Black/Red Blur says its a tanto, but in the pictures it appears to be a drop tip.

Which is it?

I came here to post the same thing. Woot needs to update the description. The part number indicates it is a drop point. Great knife at this price.

Sorry, just noticed this- I’ll check in right now.

Can your knives cut spam?

The blur is such a great knife!
I already have a couple of them, and personally never carry (and don’t like)a part-serrated knife. Many people do like serrated, and this is a pretty good deal!
I usually choose one of my Leek knives for everyday carry…

Looks like WOOT messed up…not made in the USA as POSTED…someone is going to be upset…

from the Kershaw website…

KERSHAW BLACK FUNXION EMT SERRATED EDGE KNIFE

The Kershaw Black Funxion EMT Serrated Edge Knife is the perfect pocket knife to have on you in an emergency as the sharp stainless steel knife is reliable and tough so that it can face any job on the spot. In addition this Kershaw Knife offers SpeedSafe assisted opening so that you can whip the blade out and be ready to work without a second thought.

Model Number: 8100GRYST
SpeedSafe…Yes
Flipper…Yes
Country Of Origin: China
Steel: 8Cr13MoV, black-oxide coating
Handle: Aluminum, rubber insert
Blade Length: 3 in. (7.62 cm)
Closed Length: 4 1/4 in. (10.7 cm)
Overall Length: 7 1/4 in. (18.4 cm)
Weight: 5.0 oz.
Lock…Locking Liner
Pocket Clip

Yeah, got it because it said USA. D@mn!

I really do love knives, which also means I in turn have to give you my money for them. It’s a real shame that I missed my chance on those kershaws… Please have more in the future.

Head on over to Sport this morning:

http://sport.woot.com/?ref=cnt_ft_sp_6

How come this ad has a pic of the CRKT 5660 but lists in the title 5650? The 5660 looks way better than the 5650…

I know that was what I looked at next, the cool thing is I actually have that same knife and absolutely love it. Mine is in great condition still so I didn’t see a need for another. However if it was the blackwash version it would be a different story.

Could not agree more. I have a desert tan/black Blur and I love, love, love it. I’d get another as a backup but I’m not interested in serrated models and for whatever reason, that’s all Woot! ever offers… probably because the mothership can never sell them otherwise.

I purchased the Ken Onion knife (blue) a week or so ago and couldn’t be happier. It has a nice weigh and great blade. However I feel the knife as a whole seems very small.

Does what I need it to though! A+