Cutter Backyard Bug Control Spray 6-pack

Cutter Backyard Bug Control Spray 6-pack

Dang it. I was really looking for something that would work both in my front and back yards, not just the backyard. Any way to get an alert when that product is offered? Or does anyone know if this one works for both?

6 Likes

Can someone upload a picture of the active ingredients (and concentrations)? That’s the only way I can determine if this is something I can use. Thank you!!!

1 Like

Looks like…

Ingredients:

Ingredients: Active Ingredient: Lambda-Cyhalothrin (0.16%), Other Ingredients (99.84%), Total (100.00%).

Synthetic Pyrethroids are widely used in most General use insecticides. HOWEVER, it’s against Federal law to use in a way inconsistent with its labeling. With that said, a trip to the chemical aisle of your local home goods store and reading Active Ingredients will reveal SPs are used in a wide variety of products. The surfactants/carriers will vary widely and usually are not identified on the labels- indoor-labeled products typically use milder/less intense inactive ingredients, whereas something intended for use in a flower garden will usually contain inactive ingredients that have strong smells and would likely stain surfaces. Outdoor products will be designed to withstand more moisture and direct sunlight- both of which substantially reduce the efficacy and longevity of the active ingredient(s).

As for “Front Yard” versus “Backyard”, there isn’t a difference. Refer to the label to ensure the spray is listed for what insects you need to control, and that the plants/grasses you intend to use this on are listed as well.

An important note:
Permethrin and other pyrethroids are known to be very hard on Honeybees. It’s recommended to apply when there will be the least chance to harm them- and always avoid dusting products containing SPs.

1 Like

Wikipedia page on the active ingredient:

2 Likes

What you need to do is flip your house then the front yard will be the back yard.

6 Likes

Anyone know if this stuff is safe for pets?

4 Likes

“Once applied and fully dry it should be safe to re-introduce pets” is the standard answer given by factory reps. If it isn’t the label should clearly state otherwise. I’m surprised Woot didn’t link the label- that’s the federally mandated “FAQ” for potential users.

The legal answer is always
“Check the label”.

I hope that helps?

If you’d like I can attempt to locate this products on another retailer’s site and link their label. Just let me know!

1 Like

Death to all pollinators!

1 Like

It’ll work for the front yard if it is connected to the backyard by a wooden gate.

Why is backyard a word but frontyard isn’t?

1 Like

If you need help, it’s easy to find house flippers online. He’ll, I get contacted by two or three a month.

1 Like