cy-fi Wireless Sport Speaker for iPod or Bluetooth

Pretty secure unless you use the dock to steer. I got one a couple of weeks ago and haven’t had to steer with it yet

Do these go to 11?

http://musically.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/spinal-tap.jpg

got two of these last time. VERY happy with them so far, they are LOUD for their size, and very light. They are so loud I put them on my vespa and you can hear them over the engine noise at full throttle. using with my android phone.

they CAN be. get the bluetooth version. works with any bluetooth device

If you have to ask that question, no, you probably would not be capable of making them work. Are you seriously planning on riding your bike with your iPad playing music?

In fairness, I’ve known timid women that can be heard over a vespa at WOT

I keed I keed.

can you mount them on your shoulders and have stereo shoulder pads?

In for one notpod red

Bought this when it was here a week or two ago…

It was a DUD from the moment it came out out the box.

It smelled funny… and once off the charger had the audio characteristics of a brick.

That is to say none.

No work.

No sign of life…

DUDE!! Sweet Xanth reference!!

I almost bought these in honor of the write up, then I remembered that I don’t have anything to drive them with.

Glen

Did you contact Woot? Planning on it?

I second that. They have great sound even in the louder ranges.

Sadness… missed the bag of crap thanks to a conference call and volleyball game. Bah. Better luck next woot-off.

Sadness… missed the bag of crap thanks to a conference call and volleyball game. Bah. Better luck next woot-off.

So if i want to use this with my IPhone do i get the Bluetooth or the Ipod version?

Either one. If you want to use multiple speaker units simultaneously and are OK with attaching a dongle to your iPhone to use it, get the iPod one. If you want to answer your phone with it, get the Bluetooth one.

Whats up with the BS FEDEX shipping. They backed it out two days on me. TX to TN taking more than 8 days? No wonder these people are going out of business all the time.

I bought this because my car stereo bit it. Headphones aren’t safe, but the speaker of my Droid isn’t loud enough when the top is down. This speaker is great! Sound is decent, even when it’s loud. It’s, in fact, too loud when it’s all the way up and my windows are closed. Yes, there are better sounding speakers, but for the price, I’m very pleased. If Woot offers them again, I’m in for 3 more. They’d make great gifts.

Mine died after using it for a hour. It charges up, but I can only get it to come on once in 20 tries. That gets old real quick. Woot sent me a RMA, but they are out of stock, so I’m out the cost of shipping it back. It had good sound when it worked.

Got mine for bike riding. So far it seems to work great.

I use it with a Palm Centro. Note: It won’t work with the Centro unless you get an A2DP program. Softick Audio Gateway ($20) seems to be the de facto standard. Without this or some other A2DP program, you’ll be able to pair the cy-fi with your Centro but won’t hear any sound.

I use pTunes with it. All the cy-fi functions work on the Palm: Play/pause, answer call, volume control, and forward/backward, with one exception: Skip backward goes to the beginning of the song, but between the two-second hold-to-activate and the time it takes for the A2DP signal to transmit, by the time I hit skip-backwards again, the song is too far ahead and just goes back to the beginning again. So skipping backwards doesn’t work, but skipping forward works fine.

I also got no AC adapter, but the USB cradle charges with no problems. I did have to do a full charge for several hours at first before the cy-fi showed any signs of life.

Not much bass, but what would one expect in a speaker this size?

I’m happy with it.

A couple notes to add, after a few good long rides with the cy-fi and my Palm Centro:

[list][*]For best results, turn your Centro’s phone off. With it on, I encountered a lot of resets. With it off, no hitches at all. I blame the AT&T software.

[*]Turn your Centro’s screen brightness way down. All the way to where the backlight is off, in fact. The Centro seems to have a tendency to turn the screen on frequently, and this will only drain the battery faster. You won’t need to use the Centro screen while you’re riding as long as you have a playlist you’re reasonably happy with.[/list]
Though I wish the bass were better, this device would be a lot heavier (or would be headphones) for that to be the case. It’s a very good lightweight speaker and makes bike rides fun without the lack of safety in headphones.