Cyber Acoustics 5.1 Speaker System

klipsch promedia, all the way. although the logitech g51 is good also.

I have a TV with no headphone out jack, will i still be able to use these with my TV?

it’s this TV: Toshiba 32AV500U 32" LCD HDTV at Crutchfield

The Cyber Acoustics A-5640-ch is 54 watts and probably has a plastic housing for the sub (by reading the comments)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836150026

The (probably older) The CA A-5640 is 140 watts and has a wood enclosure (and better reviews)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836150023

Under features it says 140 watts
Under specifications it says 54 watts
The specifications show the wattage ratings for the A-5640-ch (bad)
The product number at the top is A-5640 (good)

I’m pretty sure the RMS wattage values aren’t that much lower than peak.

So which item do we have here, the The A-5640-ch or the The A-5640? Very confusing.

If it’s the -ch, I’m not going to buy, but if it’s for the A-5640 I’m in.

You might be able to jack into a cable/sat box. You can get adapter for the 3.5mm jack into the RCA outopyt of the cable box.

Why are you watching tv anyway, all it is is infomertials and wingnut propaganda. I’d sooner read a newspaper than watch teevee.

Dude I have owned this brand of speakers for over 5 years and have yet to hear anything better. Oh and by the way, im a professional sound technician.

Too bad the Klipsch are almost $300.00. Kinda like comparing apples and filet mignon isn’t it?

Just a thought.

I’m in for one!!! I’ve been looking for a replacement for the old PC speaker system that I have and this one looks like it will work out great.

A decent deal, but no back-flips compared to the other sites…

I bought a klipsch iFi 2.1 system for a friends graduation and they ROCK for $150 (Costco)

Here is the little demo I did in a HUGE space:

http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/ifi.aspx

I would put the Klipsch up against the Cyber Acoustics any day… Yes, more, but worth it.

I got these Klipsch (ifi) for $150 at Costco…

What is a professional sound technician?

Can I use this, or part of this, for rears for my Soundmatters Mainstage?

I got this set from Newegg about 3 years ago, and I’ve been very happy with it ever since. I think I paid around $80-90 for it, plus shipping.

Trying to think of anything negative I can say about them, but I can’t think of anything. Just a great set of speakers. The subwoofer enclosure is on the bigger size–has to be to fit a 10" driver–so it might not fit under your desk.

Look, if your using whatever stock garbage came with your PC and need affordable 5.1 then you’ll be very impressed with these speakers. Go ahead and buy now and stop reading posts in this thread.

If you normally buy mid-ranged audio from Polk, Boston Acoustics, Klipsch, etc then no, you probably won’t like a $70 5.1 surround system. Clear enough for you?

This device has no digital in. You would need to set up a digital reciever to it. The PS3 outputs through Optical which will only output 6-8 channels through digital output. This thing doesn’t have any Optical or Spdif digital inputs for that matter.

It’s almost exactly like most logitec or cambridge speaker systems. It’ll accept 5.1 coming from a sound blaster(green, orange, black) or similar PC soundcard, or anything outputting analaog via 3 stereo 1/8" cables.

I read somewhere you can hook it up to a single 2-channel audio TRS port (like on a laptop) and it’ll still work. I think it just puts out the left channel to the 2 left speakers, the right to the 2 right ones, the center: both. I don’t know what the bass does.

Read Newegg’s reviews, I’m pretty sure I saw someone with the same thing.

You might be able to get a 5.1 USB DAC and get true surround on that

Still up in the air about this. Have longitech x-530 that are going on 4 years old. Is this really that good of a price $75. How would they compare to something in the $100-$150 price range

I use $15 desktop stereo Logitech speakers. I have never found anything above stereo to be “better”.

note that http://shopping.yahoo.com/ still says one hour left 'til next deal.

They forget about DST?

No, they almost always are an hour behind. Probably due to unfixed Y2K error.

Shipping Update

Cyber Acoustics 5.1 Speaker Systems have completely shipped via FEDEX Ground. All tracking will be emailed this morning to members who purchased this item. If you would like to find your tracking information sooner, please click the following link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING