Cyber Acoustics Home Audio In-Wall Speakers – Pair

Same here.

Edit: Finally came through a minute ago.

I tried to buy the woot lights too, just for fun, but the one I really want to go through is this speaker set. I guess there’s nothing to do but wait

Update yay they both just went through.

I wish I could find some reviews of these speakers online, I hate buying something on specs/price alone. But they’ll sure do for now.

Me too been ten (plus) minutes now.

At 88db for 1 watt, that means 100 watts would produce 94db (power must increase 10x for each 3db.) However, since the speakers are only rated for 60 watts, those 94db might be your last dbs from these speakers.

Every time I hit the I WANT ONE it kicks me back to the yahoo shopping main page. Any ideas?

see image on AMAZON, crappy x-over. Free air designs of such (walls are not good enclosures) usually sound crappy. Remember, you get what you paid for, don’t expect audiophile quality sound. Of course it will sound better than most TV’s tho.

You assume linear efficiency, and I assure you that’s not the case.

I don’t think they’ll sound bad (IIRC the last time these came up folks did find some OK reviews) but again, driving them with, say, one of those DVD players / HT combo devices is likely to end not so good…

“Hey! Speakers,… leave them kids alone”

Catchy write up, took me a sec…

Nope, you’re off by an order of magnitude. You double the power for every 3 db increase in sound output. You need 10x the power for a 10db increase. so 2 watts would get you 91db, 4 watts, 94 db, 8 watts 97db, etc.

While I don’t know what passes for modern speaker efficiency, but decent speakers in the 1970s and 1980s had efficiency similar to this, and we did fine with them.

Oh, come on! This is a classic woot item. It’s electronic-y and not really needed, and I’m desperately trying to think up a way to explain to my wife why we must have it. (Even more so for the woot off lights!)

And you’re wasting time worrying about possibly wrecking your house? Go ahead. Buy it! You can do it!

Anyone know what the deal is with “your order is processing. should just be a bit now…” ? I ordered 30 minutes ago…

As long as your amp is providing clean power say less 0.05% thd you could provide twice the peak power rating. Kevlar cones are great for over driving. They are capable of reproducing a wider frequency range, and hold up better then most other cone types under stress. I have over driven a set of kevlar speakers 4X their rated rms power for years in my truck with no problems. key factor being it must be very clean power.

Hey guys sorry for the inconvenience but I was wondering, I have a 1000 watt 4X150watt 2X250watt (I think that’s right) Phillips DVD home theater up-converter.

I was wondering if these speakers would be fine with this set up. I would be hooking up 4 speakers to the 150watts.

thanks and sorry, I am not very good with electronic calculations.

Ok, I bought these at the last sale (at $35), I never put them in my wall, but when hooked up to my 4.1ch PC set they sounded dead like worthless, unless you want to use them as bathroom speakers, for light music. But when I hooked them up to my entry level Yamaha RX-v365 100w/ch receiver they sounded very live and really gave a healthy sound. Again no room shaker, but as back channels for a HT setup, not as primary, these can fill a space.

I don’t EVER plan to max these out…in fact I usually call 6 the max on my receivers. As a general rule, I’d rather slightly overpower the speakers than UNDER power them, because that’s when distortion can really ruin your day. But like I said, I don’t plan on pushing them very hard. THey’re going to be main left and rights, just because the speakers in the tv are so loathsome to listen to. Our living room is like 15x25ft, and the seating area is even smaller and narrower than that. It will be fine.

Shipping Update

Cyber Acoustics Home Audio In-Wall Speakers – Pair should be finished shipping out by the end of today. Most tracking has already been emailed to members who purchased this item. If you have yet to receive your tracking information, please click the following link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

Good luck dealing with Cyber Acoustics. I received a pair missing the grills, so contacted Cyber Acoustics like a responsible consumer and they refuse to help me because:

“We only warranty our products sold direct from a license retailer or reseller.”

So if you have warranty issues Good Luck.