CyberPower 1350VA/810W USB UPS System

CyberPower 1350VA/810W USB UPS System

I bought 2 years ago saved me a lot of time not waiting for my devices to sync up if power were to be lost.

3 Likes

Bought two a while ago; the power around here is flakier than Tony the Tiger’s dandruff, and the three UPS’s we have keep the cable modem, router and my computer running, so I can reliably work from home. It lasts on my gaming computer with a 43" 4k TV for about 20 minutes with no power at all.

The only problem I’ve had with it is the LED in the power button went bad, flickered and flashed for a while and now it’s out completely, but meh; the rest of the thing works fine and it never gets turned off anyway; the display on the front would be off if the power was off, so the indicator is kind of useless to begin with.

1 Like

@StarChaserTyger @Larry1977
Thank you!!

2 Likes

This is the same model that Costco sells in-store for $99.99 (price may vary by location, that’s what it is everywhere I have checked on the East Coast). I own several of these and I am very happy with them.

1 Like

Damn, I would pull the trigger on this if it were new rather than factory reconditioned. I don’t mind refurbished stuff for anything except products that are primarily just batteries.

1 Like

Do you use the coax surge suppression [edit: for cable modem], and if you do has it had any effect on your transfer rates?

1 Like

Not too bad a price but I think my wife’s UPS limit has been met. I have 4 in my home office. Like others, I have one just for my network (cable modem, my wifi switch and a 16port switch), one for my primary PC and one for my 4 NAS boxes. They range from a APC 1500w to one Cyberpower 1500P. I don’t put much faith in “simulated sinewave” but they are ok for devices like security cams, garage door openers (yep, I have a 1000 on my 7x14 garage door. I can open/close it 8 times and still have 80% power. Got a smaller 450w on the smaller garage door. UPS’s are very important in protecting home electronics (yep TV’s too). I have one in my bedroom, one in our great room where the cable box is plugged in, along with the TV. They keep things up and running long enough for me get go plug in the genset, fire it up and go flip the breaker so most of the house has power.

One thing people don’t look at either is, are they generator friendly? They need to be adjusted for a higher level of “dirty power” so they are not tripping back and forth. Want to not only kill your UPS WAY before it’s end of life? Or the electronics connected to it? Set one of these on a threshold where it keeps kicking back and forth and watch it smoke. You have to connect the UPS to a PC and load the software to set this up. Just a heads up.

2 Likes

I never use coax surge suppressors. They are the same as splitters and create signal loss slowing you down.

The listing explicitly says that the batteries are replaced with brand new ones as part of the refurbishment.

1 Like

Where does it say that?

Under the Specs tab

1 Like

The specs tab says

The batteries have been replaced by the manufacturer as part of the re-conditioning process.

So they’ve been replaced, but have they been replaced with new batteries, or just the ones they found at the bottom of the junk drawer?

I would love to see this junk drawer full of old batteries

6 Likes

And along with surge protectors, don’t plug any Ethernet over Power plugs into these, regardless of surge/battery outlet, it won’t allow data to pass.

Yeah those look like the batteries installed in these UPS

I use this and have never experienced any issues. Been there 6years now.

Likewise, to help protect anything getting through that, this sits between the cable modem and the rest of my network.

@ed3rd
This. We don’t have cable TV, just internet, so the only thing a coax hit is going to fry is the modem and maybe the router connected to it (vs the bridged one downstream), and since that belongs to the cable company, it’s a Not My problem if it gets toasted.

The only coax surge suppressors I wiil use are the ones with a gas-filled bulb that arcs over safely at a lightning strike. Almost any other type does mess with your line balance and impedance, reducing transmission levels and data rates.

1 Like