CyberPower CST150XLU Mini-Tower UPS - 1500VA/900W

CyberPower CST150XLU Mini-Tower UPS - 1500VA/900W

I ordered this last time it was on sale and it kept my gaming PC with a 750 watt power supply and 32" LG monitor powered up while power was lost. Its load was rated at around 30 to 40% of the capacity and as far as I can see kept them powered up for more than a few minutes. Enough time to either reset the breaker if it were to trip or shut down the PC safely

1 Like

When I registered at cyberpowersystems.com , they extended the warranty from 1 year to 3 years:)

Date of Purchase: 2021-06-24 (previous Woot sale)

Extended Warranty Purchase Date:

Warranty Expires: 2024-06-24
~+~+~+~
Of course, YMMV

2 Likes

I ordered these in May of 2019, They keep powering off even at 7% capacity. They are driving me nuts…

These are simulated sine waves and may not work correctly with newer PC’s with active power supplies. Also a bunch of Cyberpower systems UPS’s have a major flaw. I have at least 5 if them and when the battery dies the PC loses power even if the ac power is working. Check reviews for people who have owned them for a long time and you will find many complaints.

Thanks! I had forgotten about that! I just now registered mine from a previous sale and ta da:

Date of Purchase: 2021-07-17

Extended Warranty Purchase Date:

Warranty Expires: 2024-07-17

2 Likes

From the sale:

Protects your computer from everything… except your 4-year-old. Man, those little things are wrecking balls!

Preach. heh heh

2 Likes

Probably silly question, but do you have the UPS plugged into a surge protector instead of directly into the wall outlet? Do you have any surge protectors plugged into the UPS?

Next would be battery age and usage patterns. If it was doing that since day one, yeah that would be a problem, but in my experience the batteries start degrading after the two year mark regardless of brand. Heat, number of charge/discharge cycles, and load all effect battery life. I typically get three to four years out of a battery, but have had a couple die right around two years.

2 Likes