Cycles Gladiator Four-Pack

Says it’s a woot launch, so that would imply no one has ever gotten this wine for this price or any other…

Local wine store prices:

1 2006 Cycles Gladiator Merlot - $8.99
1 2006 Cycles Gladiator Cabernet Sauvignon - $8.99
1 2005 Cycles Gladiator Chardonnay - $7.99
1 2007 Cycles Gladiator Pinot Grigio - not in stock - $2005 is $7.99

Total locally - approx $33.96 + tax = $36.93

One last thing before I head to watch some TV before bed.

The reason this is a launch and priced the way it is is…

The “More Reserved” is the inaugural launch of the first Cycles Reserved line. The More Reserved line will be selling online for $16 a pop (and be wine club member only), but WD convinced me I should dedicate the first bottlings to you fine folks. The MR Merlot is Monterey AVA, rather than the Central Coast of the regular Merlot and the MR Cab (while still central coast) is taken from our (Hahn Estates) vineyards in the Santa Lucia Highlands and Arroyo Seco. So it’s a brand new wine to give you a brand new experience.

She is wearing a toga so she’s… MORE RESERVED. (it’s not really a haha joke, more of a groan joke).

PS, I hadn’t introduced myself yet. For those who don’t remember, I was one of the posters during the last Hahn woot. I’m the Cycles Wine Club Manager and Webmaster. Great to meet you and I’ll be happy to hit F5 every 15 seconds for the next 7 days to see who has bought. :slight_smile:

I could be wrong but I think PN needs a much cooler climate than Central Coast.

I’ve had the Cycles Gladiator Pinot Noir 2005 - It’s not bad, sells locally for $11.99/bottle.

Yay my first wine woot!! I turned 21 last week!! Woohoo!!!

A pass for me. Bought a bottle of one of the wines from this brand (2005 Cab) at Whole Foods earlier this year. Nicest thing I can say about it is that it was drinkable. One dimensional wine, poorly balanced, disjointed, harsh finish. (This might have been the wine that prompted me to finally learn my lesson about buying wine at WF.) Now I know these are “more reserved,” but after that first experience …

What’s nallie got to do with it? Is this a clue, err hint? Oh, nEllie. Nevermind.

Welcome!

I don’t understand how this is a “launch” item, seeing as how our local grocery stores and wine shops stock these wines.

Also, the 2005 bottles are all naked…reds and whites.
Hmmm…maybe that’s the “launch-worthiness” of it. Some labels with clothing to appease the uptight “red” states. :wink:

–C

YAY!!! And Jiri is back on the side deal with more of his delicious oplatky wafers.

well, if you put it that way…

First sucker: MaskedMarvel
Speed to first woot: 0m 13.017s

Last wooter to woot: hookajoe

David. did you get my message re. wrong address for my Penfold’s order?

You’re the lucky person who gets my very first attempt at posting on wine.woot. I work with RoosterBooster and I’m one of the sales reps in the Northern CA area…I’ll be popping onto the boards to help out while he is pretending to “work”.

Cycles Gladiator is produced by Hahn Estates and we have a few properties throughout the Central Coast. Some of our vineyards are at a higher elevation so they catch the fog and cooler temps. This makes it ideal for the Rhone varietals, like Pinot Noir, and the Cycles Pinot is great (100% CA Pinot…a rare find at that price point). But the Bordeaux varietals, like the More Reserved Cab and Merlot we’re launching here, do really well in the warmer parts of the region so we like to think we’ve got all the bases covered. :slight_smile:

Eh? Oplatky? Don’t know what that means, but I guess you really liked them?

Oh, and not that it matters much, but it would be nice if they could spell “champagne” correctly in their deal copy.

Gotcha. Elevation… check. So is there no More Reserved Pinot Noir?

The Chard and PG are available as they are show in this quartet. But, as RoosterBooster was kind enough to explain, the Cab and Merlot are part of our newly launched Cycles Gladiator “More Reserved” line and after this, they will only be available to wine club members, at $16 a bottle, rather than the normal $10 Cycles.

The Merlot is normally Central Coast AVA but the More Reserved is specifically Monterey. And the More Reserved Cab is taken from our estate vineyards.

After (2) 4-packs last week, and another 6 bottles of new offerings at Costco - I believe I will pass. I am in some trouble with the wife for adding another case to a wine rack that is already full.

Quite the paradox, really, “Stop buying wine, and save up for a wine fridge.” But, then I will have no wine to store there.

See you all at midnight next week.

Not at this time but you never know what our winemakers will whip up in the future. They are a crafty bunch! And, as I mentioned, we’ve got plenty of great Pinots in the meantime, from the same vineyards we know and love.

This posting thing could get addictive! I’m signing off for the evening. Have a great night and RoosterBooster and I will be checking in tomorrow morning, with at least one winemaker to join us.

Awesome wine, unfortunately I get it for pretty much the same price where I’m at.

Tempted to go in anyways though for the 2005 which they don’t have in stock here…

Alas, I am way over budget when it comes to wine, so I will be taking a pass. I think this is a terrific offer for a woot launch, and therefore sales should be high this week.