Cypress Grove Cheese Sampler

Tell him to get the Shapewriter keyboard. I used it for a while on my Droid, until I got a leaked version of a similar one called Swype… Great stuff. :slight_smile:

Yum, had a can of Cougar Gold around Thanksgiving.

When I visit, I do the same thing. :wink: It’s amazingly tasty. :slight_smile:

Eat it up!

according to this site, you can eat the rind. (however, the description of mold blooming makes it seem slightly less appealing to me. <=b)

Ahh! I once had a relative send me a couple of cans of that semi-annually. She stopped. I don’t know why.

I always eat the rind - like I always eat the rind on say, Brie or Camembert - but some people dislike the rind. I believe it’s a matter of personal choice. But it is most certainly edible, and in my case, it’s generally my favourite part.

This was an insta-buy for me! The purple haze is probably my favourite goat’s cheese of all time, which is saying a lot because I LOVE all Cypress Grove’s cheeses and all cheeses period. But the fennel and lavender are a truly exquisite combination - not for everyone, but I adore the strong herbal-floral flavours contrasted against the tangy chevre.

I am still sad about missing out on the last sampler - I purchased it, but after 2 months it never arrived, and by that time I had to leave for Australia for 3 weeks, so I just cancelled my order. My first Woot failure/trouble, and it had to be this delicious cheese. Sadness. :frowning:

ETA: Oh Woot Gods, I foolishly only ordered one set but I want THREE; I just emailed service@woot but in the past my attempts to up orders have never received a response. Please hear my plea!

ash is both practical and aesthetic in cheesemaking, as described in this brief cheese-ash overview. (check out the reference to another lovely cypress grove offering, the humboldt fog, which has a line of ash down the center to make it look like a layer cake. mmm…cheesecake…)

No go after reading lavender buds are in it. Once I was at a pool party drinking wine in a tupperware cup. The hostess couldn’t have that, so she went in and quickly washed my wineaux friend and I a couple of plastic wine cups.

She used lavender hand soap. It was like drinking a mouthful of lavender and gardenias topped off with a wonderful chemical taste. shiver Makes me ill to think of lavender infused into the cheese…

Will these remain good if kept unopened in the fridge for 2 months?

We have our annual wine and cheese party at the end of Feb and would like to serve these.

The Cypress Grove site has the Bermuda Triangle shelf life listed at 6 weeks uncut and the Purple Haze at 12 weeks unopened.

It also notes that after cutting,the Bermuda Triangle should be wrapped in waxed paper versus plastic wrap for the Purple Haze.

Shoulda come here first. Couldn’t agree more - in the golden age of spell check, this is simply inexcusable…

Dude, it says they fixed it, let it go. I think you’re trolling (based on your earlier deleted post) and I don’t know why, w.w is such a nice board :slight_smile:

On a cheese related note: I’m a total cheese noob, how should these be eaten? On crackers? With wine? I don’t know chevre from chevy, lol. I’m a swiss cheese kinda girl…

Thanks!

We get in the Humboldt Fog at work. (I’m a cook) if I wasn’t broke I’d be picking up this wine.woot for sure! Cypress Grove seems to know what’s up.

Purple haze is so tasty. Cypress Grove is turning into my cheesey equivalent of Wellington. Must woot.

Does that mean they’ll ship this to a PO box? We’re overseas and have an APO, AE address.

[quote…and yes, this can be shipped to all states and is not subject to the ‘normal’ wine.woot rules (i.e. you can be drunk when this arrives).[/quote]

I had the Purple Haze last night and I will say that I preferred the other fresh chevres to the Purple Haze. The floral taste was very subtle, but it just didn’t seem like it went with the cheese.

I am huge Camembert / Soft Cheese kind of guy. I enjoy goat cheese and sometimes cook with it, but how does the common wine wooter consume this cheese?

Is it nice enough to just eat with a fresh baguette?

Oh yes, these are easily nice enough to just eat with a fresh baguette.

While this very yummy and I want this, I am pretty sure that this isn’t Kosher. In fact, Kosher cheese is very hard to find.

Edit: Sorry didn’t see Bezalel’s post earlier about not being kosher from an earlier wooting.