D-Link DI-624M Super G MIMO Router

i’ve had a number of routers in my days ( linksys… crudgear … i mean netgear) and something else way back … i currently have a d-link, will never go back. 'nough said.

No idea what that means, but thanks.

Never had any probem with these. They work fine for a home network. I run my dsl upstairs to it, and don’t have any problems.

Why do people need to buy these? I got one free to use with my Verizon Fios service…

Maybe tomorrow Woot!

Oh, wow I didn’t realize it was still that far away. Oh well, my normal G router works fine, so I’ll pass on this woot.

What I am really waiting for are logitech x-530’s to go on sale again.

Can someone explain what a MIMO is? And do you need a MIMO enabled wireless adapter to get this router’s proclaimed 108Mbps wireless connection?

I’ve been waiting for a mimo router to replace my current one, which stinks! imagine my joy when I noticed that woot! finally had what I was waiting for. Imagine my o’erwhelming sadness as I came to the realization that they are selling the same POS router that I currently own. :frowning:

I got this router in a bundle with a laptop card about 3 months ago to replace a crappy standard d-link router.

I have 4 computers running through it 24/7 wirelessly and it hasn’t gone down a single time in 3 months.

BUT, For some reason it doesn’t transfer video over the network as well as some other routers I have had.

Not a big deal I guess. Just a few stutters I can live with, but all in all I love this router.If I would have seen it for this price then, I would have been a happy mofo

Edited for a few typos.

Uses Multiple Input/Multiple Output (MIMO) technology to increase speed and range, though in my experience this router does a poor job at it…

Same here, all other brands gave me problems, but d-link has been great for the past year that I’ve had the di-624.

I’ve been waiting for a router on Woot. I have a D-link DI-614+ that I’ve had for years. It worked great. But then I moved last month and I started having problems with it. My internet connection would drop and I’d have to unplug the unit and plug it back in. I don’t know if my unit got damaged in the move or if it was my new DSL service (I went from Verizon to AT&T/SBC). Anyone have feedback on this unit. I’m itching to pull the trigger but I’d like to know what others have experienced first. Thanks.

Well said. And I have to agree. Not bad if you need something cheap. Good price, but it’s still D-Link.

Never had much luck with d-link or linksys but I love my Belkin router…

Belkin F5D8230-4 Router for $99

It’s not as cheap as the d-link 624m but performs much better. It’s a capable of 108 Mbps with compatibable Belkin Pre-N card. It has great range.

4/5 stars on Amazon

Would anyone happen to know if this would work with the wireless adapter for the Xbox 360?

lol I hope you’re not comparing that to the woot deal, you’re gonna confuse people…

No thanks woot. I’ll avoid the D-Stink G-based router. P.S. - Linksys rulz…

I got a d-link for pretty cheap to run in my college dorm room. It worked pretty well, considering the space was only about 15’ x 15’, and I could still get an excellent connection from down the hall. Always meant to try using it from the parking lot, but never got around to it…

When my 524 crapped out, I tried this one, my wife and I play 360 with friends, and all of a sudden after switching to the 624 packets and connections were getting dropped like crazy, I tried the firmware upgrade with no luck. After a day of futzing with it I took it back and got the 634(newer model), works like a champ.

i dont know about that…

i hav been using the same d link 614+ version b with latest firmware for 2 years now, and after the firmware upgrade from the original shipped firmware, i havent had a problem with it.

yeah, im still using 802.11b, but honestly, do you really need more than 11mbs for basic computing?

d-link aint all that bad. dont be snobs.

Sorry, I rather spend $3 less AND not have to wait 3 months for some rebate that may or may not come.