D-Link Gigabit Notebook Adapter

thats racist

Buy now and get free floppy disks!

Yay! I was just saying how I wanted to…put a gigabit…PCMCIA card…into my old laptop…to…transfer…data…faster than the hard drive can write…it.

Dang.

I see what you did there…unless you were serious.

We wish…but they probably can’t raise enough funds to offset a blackout here.

they finally found the missing (D)link

■If your notebook’s network connection is not up to par, this Gigabit Notebook Adapter offers a reliable wired network connection with blazing fast speeds
■Send and receive data at rates up to 10x faster than a 100Mbps Network

Right… But the bus speed on older hardware… Ah, never mind.

In for three! :slight_smile:

I can dream, can’t I? If only I can get a new Betamax.

Actually have one of these sitting in my closet. Was thinking of tossing it since the technology is so old and the laptop it was for was long ago buried. Jeez, I could sell it on Woot!

PCMCIA Specs

Bus Clock Signal 10 MHz

Bus Width 16-bit

Theoretical Max. Transfer Rate 20 Mbytes/sec (160 Mbits/sec)

In for one. My Dell laptop is seven years old so it has 10/100 which is annoying when streaming over the network or copying files. I know I need a new laptop but it pretty much just browses the web and downloads stuff for me. My desktop is where I do anything I really need done.

I have a whole basement full of them (and these cards) which they can have if they’re willing to pay shipping.

Will this work for the 2007 Hyundai Elantra?

THIS IS DOUBLE THE VALUE OF ANY NOTEBOOK THAT NEEDS IT.

This is hilarious.

Wow! That’s just like the one I bought for my IBM Thinkpad about 1999 or so.

Only they called it “Fast Ethernet” then because it could only transfer at 10 or 100 Mbps. (The giga prefix was reserved, I believe, for describing state-of-the art disk drives – you know, as in 40 Gigabytes.)

As I recall, that ethernet adapter cost me about 40 bucks. Shoulda waited for the Woof-Off.

I like how woot recognizes that this is mostly obsolete but sells it anyway. I mean, it’s cheap enough for all those people who buy 3 to get to the next item right?

I dunno. It’s selling. Slowly, but it’s selling

Oh, the compatability isues, such as your modem/hub won’t work with anything prior to Win XP. Been there.