D-Link Wireless G USB Adapter

http://static.wooters.us/images/wooters-logo-tiny.png Woot Info Post
wooters.us - the other white meat

D-Link Wireless G USB Adapter [New] - $7.99 + $5 shipping

1 * D-Link DWA-110 Wireless USB Adapter

This post is brought to you by Wooters.us, to help make sure pricing information on the product is available in the future. We are not run by nor affiliated with Woot.

“Connect to your wireless network from you desktop or notebook”

Also, they want you to hand over the cash from you wallet.

People still have computers without built in wireless?

Is this Xbox 360 compatible?

Here’s a review

Before anyone asks, no it will not work with the Xbox 360:

*System Requirements:

* Windows 98SE, ME, XP SP2, 2000 SP4 or Vista (Currently NOT supported by Windows 7)*

Edit: Too late. Some one already asked…

Hmm, any thoughts on if this will work with a Series 2 TIVO?

Will this work with KisMac?

Found a review here:

Here

Basically said that it’s not much good over 10 meters, but a good, cheap solution otherwise. Also auto-installs drivers in Win7 Ultimate for what it’s worth, despite what the description says

Does anybody know about compatibility with Linux? Ubuntu? OpenSUSE?

I’ve been having a hard time with my Netgear WG111v2, and for $7 I might be able to solve that problem.

Is there Mac support?

if so it would be perfect for my little sister’s ibook, it has no wireless card in it

i would love to shove this in my direcTV HD+DVR, but, any idea if it would work?

I have a couple of these. They’re nice to have. The insides are made by Ralink. I believe they will work with Linux, likely natively, but definitely using the binary driver. In my case, I was able to use this on NetBSD laptop (NetBSD has horrible wireless usb support).

Nope, at least the one I have won’t work

will this work with linksys routers?

13 customer reviews at Google Products

edit: the lone 1-star review is posted twice and the text is quite positive.

TigerDirect sells/sold this before and there are several reviews on their site:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5749966&csid=ITD&recordsPerPage=10&body=REVIEWS

It looks alright. Too bad I just bought 3 similar priced adapters off newegg a couple hours ago. Would have at least got one or two of these instead…

So that people are aware:

Most all USB wireless adapters require the proper OS to be present to run the drivers required for proper operation.

Unless an adapter specifically states that it is a driver-less adapter, it may not operate correctly on anything that does not run the OS listed within the system requirements.

Need a driver for Ubuntu or Windows?