D-Link Wireless N USB Adapter

Wireless adapaters? I are so confused.

Thanks. Saved me 11 bucks.

How can you tell how many they have to sell?

Depends. Your fellow wooters will thank you. But you may have to help your mom get them to work!

I just bought the exact refurb last week on 3Bay for $7.99. My 3rd attempt to find a decent (but cheap) USB wireless N adapter.

It’s GREAT!!! Much better reception than the no-names w/Realtek drivers.

EASY installation.

Only con is that it’s larger than most. But obviously well built. It was a steal at $8. It’s still a great buy at $12 on Woot.

Nope. If your mom has to ask that question, she needs to be kept in the dark.

Another 2.4 GHz only adapter. Sigh…

Least they are going fast…

Microsoft says the “RevE” version of these are compatible with Windows 7.

So, Woot, are these the RevE version?

Yes, but you’d be my kind of terrible person. Stop by next time you’re in town and I’ll buy you a beer!

I don’t actually bother, but you can just download a wootalyzer, or whatever they may call it now.

Long answer:
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Dumb question, but so what…
This won’t work with my bluray with wireless capability (with adapter sold sep for $$$) correct?

I had to buy one earlier this year for an old Thinkpad x30 whose wifi only supports wep.

It’s this model, haven’t had the best of luck with it, but I can’t say 100% it’s the adaptor.

Good thing I bought the hex bits. Installation should be a snap now.

They’re compatible with Win 7 (both 64 and 32 bit) according to Microsoft’s own pages. So a driver came out after the boxes were printed.

(d’oh, just saw someone posted this same link between refreshes, sorry!)

I’m pretty sure these work fine with Windows 7. I have two of them in my car for emergency wireless setups/adapter replacements. Check D-Link’s website and worst case scenario you can try using the Vista drivers with 7. This works a lot more often than you’d think and is sometimes your only choice with “older” hardware.

Come to think of it Windows 7 may already have the drivers for this adapter natively or be able to pull them off of Windows Update.

http://www.woot.com/Forums/

Click on the camera, then look at total woots

I deserve a beer for my answer!

If it works on XP, how does it not work on 7? Confused.