D-Link Xtreme N Storage Router

Reminds me of the Farmer’s Insurance commercial… with their autoboathome… now you have thought of a routoastener???

WE ARE FARMER’S… BUM BA-DUM BUM BUM BUM BUM!!!

Will it work with more than 1 partition? Would all file systems be recognized?

Computer TV review D-Link Xtreme N Storage Router

ASE Labs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q21-ISz2BTQ

Spike Paramount Network

Did Swizz Army buy D-Link?

Cheapest on ebay is $175 (so quite a bit of profit margin.) However, looking at the top 3 sellers last 200 feedbacks, none have sold one recently.

The profit is there, just not willing to sit on $300 for so long.

Thanks for the huge discount though woot =D

Here is the answer :slight_smile:

It is not on the list of supported devices at the DD-WRT site.

link

And if you stick a whiskbroom up its rear, it will sweep the floor?

Doesn’t look like it yet… DD-WRT :: View topic - DIR-685 Support?

Sure, make it easy. lol

Does anyone know if there’s an easy way to connect a 3.5" drive to this thing? I wouldn’t mind having to run a short cable or two, and I have several 3.5" drives sitting around.

Tweak your D-Link DIR-685

As of this writing, it appears that two WOOTERs have pulled the trigger on this. One of the two bought THREE OF THEM! I want to hear his story. What’s he gonna do with these?

Really Decent Review says “PASS”

A Must Read

How so… as of your posting, there were 8 states lit up… with many wooters wooting in Idaho. 8/2 = 4… still doesn’t add up. :wink:

external drive + usb connector?

So was I like a bad scout with my find??? Boo hoo. Think I am going to curl up in a ball and cry. :smiley:

I think we can rule out “easy,” but that hardly means it’s impossible.

A 2.5" SATA drive slides into the unit:

review showing drive being inserted - scroll down.

gnarf did mention that it takes external USB drives - you could get an enclosure and use that with your existing drives, i suppose.

You could buy cables and snake them down to the end of the drive port, and then attach them to a 3.5" drive hanging out somewhere.

Bleccch - just get a cheap 2.5" drive!

lol thanks!

I am sorry to inform you but you are not correct. 2.4GHz is a Radio frequency and not a speed.

The Reason you see 2.4GHz and 5Ghz is not a speed factor but an option that is given to the consumer. The idea is that 2.4GHz is a frequency that is used by alot more devices in the house other than things that connect wifi, which can create interference. So 5.0Ghz was introduced to help alleviate the problem, because it is a less common frequency. Dual band routers exist for the sole purpose of giving your devices the freedom of choosing which is the best signal in the current enviroment the devices are in. So that you have the least interference possible thus the best signal possible.