D-Link Xtreme N Storage Router

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

D-Link Xtreme N Storage Router
$49.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Blah, just eye candy

It’s Xtreme! Must be good then.

I just love staring at my router as it scrolls through pictures of our wedding…

how sweet

Not just regular storage, but extreme storage.

Hmm…i’ve got a really crappy old US Robotics router. It works, but isn’t N, isn’t great, and i might consider a replacement. Since i’m in the game industry though, that is a primary concern.

So…thus begs the question - anybody know how this thing actually preforms outside of the eye candy?

be aware that frame channel has just discontinued service.

http://www.framechannel.com/

“Due to challenges with the economy and our financial situation we will be shutting down the FrameChannel service”

is that like the extreme sausage egg and cheese at jack in the bawx?

Whats this for…really

Well, this is cheap enough to be a backup router, so in for one, I guess… :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow -
$250 at Microcenter -
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0314631

A photoframe router with built-in bit torrent. So you could probably hack it to display all the horrible, horrible dirty pictures that are torrenting through it.

Am I the only one whose brain went immediately to there?

No support for DD-WRT = no purchase.

not sure how to phrase this, but is this a docsis 3 router? COX told me I needed a docsis 3 modem and router for there 50mbs speed.

Hey, a network device that doesn’t require being hidden per your significant other! And, it has Mac-compatibility.

oh gawd. at microcenter i almost bought a mac ‘transfer cable’ for around $45 or something crazy like that. I went to walmart and got the exact same cable, brand and model, for around $10 and tax.

Presenting the bastard child of a wireless router, digital picture frame, and network attached storage!

Half the price of anywhere else, but not very good reviews. Seems that the NAS is pretty poor performance and the router itself is not especially stable. Interesting idea, and I’m in the market for an N router, but stability is more important than anything else in a router! going to pass on this one!