Daily 3/1/15: Pyle Wireless IP Cameras

Today at Electronics.Woot, instead of one thing in the daily deal spot, we’re giving you ALL THE WIRELESS IP CAMERAS AND MOAR WIRELESS IP CAMERAS!!

And since it’s a special kinda sale, we thought it needed a special kinda discussion place that you can find here.

Pyle Wireless IP Cameras

[qualityposts=6188308][/qualityposts]

[youtube=b2QfqNYct9s][/youtube]

Comments from a previous offer

If you’re going to buy knockoff FOSCAMs, you can get them even cheaper on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331362719186?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I’ve used these type of cams a lot for low cost security system solutions (usually with ZoneMinder security software), so here’s my experience:

The picture quality isn’t great, but if you’re using them more as a monitoring solution then that doesn’t matter much really; you mostly just want to be able to detect motion and have “good enough” footage to identify someone on cam.

The frames per minute is low.

The firmware has an unfortunately tendency to reset itself to factory defaults, screwing up your system at random. I keep a backup of the settings handy to reupload whenever that happens.

The control software is pretty poor unless you already know what you’re doing - don’t expect a user friendly product.

All that being said, if all you’re looking for is semi-disposable cams for a home or business non-mission-critical monitoring network, these are a decent budget choice.

Apparently the definition of “wireless” has changed, as I saw plenty of wires in the video above.

I would like to set this up to see what is prompting my dog to freak out while I’m away. From the video this looks easy to set up. I think I might try it

Anyone know if this can be set up as a motion detector/to start recording if it sees motion? I’m having serious issues with my landlord and I want to catch him entering without permission.

Can these be setup to work with a Smartthings hub?

Absolute junk. Returned it. Terrible image quality and wouldn’t connect to wireless network.

Got one on order… It’s a cheap cam and I just want one to deter any roommates coming into my room to “borrow” socks/clothes/food from my mini fridge. Anyone know where or how it records video or images?