Daily 3/15/15: Samsung 1080p LED Smart TVs

Today at Electronics.Woot, instead of one thing in the daily deal spot, we’re giving you ALL THE SAMSUNG SMART TVS AND MOAR SAMSUNG SMART TVS!!

And since it’s a special kinda sale, we thought it needed a special kinda discussion place that you can find here.

Samsung 1080p LED Smart TVs

[qualityposts=6204095][/qualityposts]

Check out the Previous Sale

Time to check out the 46" model

And now, on the WOOT channel, we offer a video of ADQ presenting plans for world domination.

Is there anyway to determine if these are Samsung display panels or cheap Chinese panels? You need to be able to see the box usually to make sure you are not playing the Samsung panel lottery.

Also, good luck trying to find out what the real refresh rate is.

Could you elaborate for us dummies who never heard of this?

“They outsource most of the panels to three companies: AU optronics, Chi Mei optoelectronics and sharp. They are all inferior to Samsung Panels with Sharp being the next best, AU third and CMO or now called Innolux.”

“On the sticker on the box and behind the set, there is a version number. Version numbers starting with T, U or W means it is a Samsung panel.”

Read more in the comments @ http://www.amazon.com/review/R1CN46NY9IG342/ref=cm_cr_dp_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00I94IPXS&nodeID=172282&store=electronics#wasThisHelpful

Just take the CMR advertised by the manufacturer and divide by 2. 120 CMR = 60 and 240 CMR = 120 refresh rate.

This is not entirely true, the CMR rating is based on several factors, a 240 CMR isn’t necessarily a 120Hz panel and all the Mfg. calculated it differently.

This kinda explains it

My tv came today…hopelessly damaged…waiting to hear from the powers that be at WOOT and am wondering if I was suckered…

Oh man, I’m really sorry. This definitely isn’t the experience we aim to provide. Let us know how things go with CS.

Same thing with mine, quality of woot products has definitely been going down since Amazon bought them. Contact woot, they will need pictures of the damage, issue an return shipment and provide a refund is what customer service said.

Sorry for the problem. A few items do get damaged in shipment due to rough handling. We monitor these numbers are the are a very small percentage. I’m sorry it happened to you but CS will take care of you.

The box was not damaged. It came from wherever you shipped it from in damaged condition. Poor quality. As I said, quality of woot has gone down over the last few years.

I’m in the same boat. The box was fine, but the TV has some scratches on the side. I could probably live with that, but the panel is problematic too.

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/t31.0-8/11073921_10153082540250033_7796938296733673617_o.jpg

I’m sorry for the problem. Please use the Support form linked at the top of the page to contact customer support for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

Make sure you clearly describe the damage for the quickest resolution.