[DAILY DEAL 4/25/15] Beats Studio Headphones

4.6 Stars over at Best Buy

Before you buy, do research.

Also, more recently: How Beats Tricks You Into Thinking It Makes a Premium Product [Updated]

I’ve had several pairs of Studios and I’m not sure why people are hating on them all the sudden. I’m not sure what kind of subjective system someone is using to say they don’t sound good, but for basically 50% off on brand new units, that’s a pretty good deal on admittedly overpriced headphones that sound really good.

They should be $160 all day long, though.

Don’t worry the only haters are those people who are sane, not sheeple, and care about if their music sounds like it should.

If you want manufactured beats “sound” clouding the music you listen to… why not purchase the Monster sound headphones that are much cheaper and much better sounding. Monster… the ones who designed everything beats is, including the “sound” - makers of the beats phones for ‘beats’ before they went to even cheaper assembly garbage and screwed monster out of everything.

Don’t worry, you can love your phones… us people caring about sound that mostly resembles the actual source material… can pick up a $30 set on amazon/ebay that sounds more accurate (better) than the best beats.
you can go back to listening to boom…boom…Boom…BOOOOOOOPMMMMM
DA DUM
BOOOOOOOPMMMMM
and be happy

Take that even further and read this:
Teardown: Beats Headphones Contain Less Than $17 Worth Of Parts

if things only cost a bit more than they were worth by their cost of materials we would all own everything. can’t have that, now can we…

http://lifehacker.com/5949489/five-best-headphones

Yup, $16~! Crapola!

Garbage for the price.

Garbage.

Careful. Don’t fall off that horse on your way to the 30 dollar headphone rack. Based on your proven expert advise, I’d buy a pair. It seems like doing so will really hurt your feeling. You do seem to be one of the sheeple you mentioned. Full of hate and contempt for anyone that likes and can afford things you don’t or can’t. Thanks for allowing me to not worry …ABOUT HEADPHONES!

I do believe that this is the first WOOT offering were there were no sales stats.

If you want nice headphones, look at the Grado line. Some nice options under $100 which sound great. And if you got money to burn they have it too. Or the V-Moda line. Entry point is a bit higher than Grado and they do have a bit of bling.

I just purchased a set of Samsung Level Over’s. I wanted Bluetooth with noise canceling, and the options in that range are very limited. Can’t wait to see how they are.

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones-accessories/EO-AG900BBESTA

Just to pile on, see how Beats stack up against the competition:

The reviewer for that site is “ljokerl” on Head-Fi, where he is well-known and -regarded for his reviews and mega-multi comparisons, which resulted in creation of the above site as a more convenient resource than poring through his many enormous forum threads.

Sure, reviews and scores of this nature are subjective, but at least here they’re all subjective relative to the same discerning brain and set of ears, which have experienced and evaluated an awful lot of other headphones for comparative context, and without the buyer motive to rationalize their expensive purchase.

lol youre right. Everything should be insanely overpriced. Lets pretend these headphones were at 500% the cost, that would be 74.95… or even 1500% at $224… but at $299? Thats 2000% margin. Think about that for a moment.

As a music producer, I bought the studios to see what theyre about. Theyre complete trash. If youre unlucky enough to buy a pair of beats that require a battery for the subbass, then youre stuck picking up and listening to wifi signals all day at home.

Wow. I would not have thought it possible for me to feel any sympathy for Monster, but this write up managed to get me to do it.

As for good headphones, I’ve been listening to a pair of Sony MDR-V6 cans for over 20 years, and have yet to hear anything better.

I’ve also got a pair of MDR-V6s that I’ve had for about 21 years. Great headphones. Only problem with them is the coating on the earcups wears off after a few years. You can get replacements from Sony but I found out that the velour earcups for the beyerdynamic DT250 fit the V6 and last longer.

Fine buy a pair,
I’ll keep my audiophile grade thanks.
I don’t like headphones coloring my music.

And I probably have more money in head/earphones than you do in your Home theater/headphones combined.

So thanks for that.
Good luck buying some of the worst headphones out there.