Daily Offer 10/16/14: ASICS Men's Running Shoes

idk about width, but I got a pair of shoes from woot couple months ago. ordered size 10; shoes said 10, but they were 9 1/2 at best. had to give them away - No Returns/Exchanges. advise against buying shoes from woot

How much luck have people had getting the right fit with shoes ordered unseen and with no return option?

It’s evolutionary.

I too am a wide-foot person. Wide-feets, unite!

In all seriousness, for a long while I had bought larger sized shoes because they “fit better”, not recognizing that it was only width that I really needed. I tried to explain this to family members who scoffed and such. However, recently my brother tried on a wide-foot shoe, and said to me, “you’re right”.

Ha-ha, score! Me 1. Others 468.

I have that exact pair of GT 2000s (the crazy bright Lime ones) and I love them. I’ve been an Asics fanboy for years now. Asics in general are known for providing a ton of support, to the point where some might consider them clunky (I prefer it because they feel secure). BUT this particular pair feels a lot lighter/airier while still offering the level of support I like.

I don’t have wide feet but I do need a wide toebox for my running shoes. Anyone have any knowledge of these vis-a-vis toebox?

And as for the neon-like colors? Geez. Yeah some shoe design brainiacs for ALL the running shoe companies conspired a year or 2 ago that we should be wearing fugly bright shoes.

These are just the OG GT-2000s, not the -2 versions.

I am pleased to see that the text on the big button has been changed to reflect understanding of human anatomy!

I’m pretty sure if you go down one and a half sizes with Asics that’s the women’s size. I actually bought a pair of women’s Tigers, size 11, which fit my size 9 1/2 feet perfect.

I so agree. Need deals on women’s ASICS

To my eternal sadness, this doesn’t necessarily work because “medium” for women’s shoes (B) is narrower than “medium” for men (C/D).

Asics’ handy width guide

It is usually a waste of time. I keep repairing shoes I would replace if I could find replacements and everyone with wide feet is told to simply wear shoes several sizes too long to get the width needed. So a 9 EEE winds up being told the 11 medium is a good fit while it looks like a downhill ski in proportion to the body wearing it. There is a niche market fortune to be made…

Contrary to popular opinion… women have feet too… yep two of them. Any chances for a Women Asics day?

Just FYI to anyone looking to try Asics: as others have noted, these are medium- to low-end models.

I purchased a pair of Nimbuses many years ago and loved them, so when I saw a deal on Speedsters (comparable to some shoes in this sale), I bought them expecting somewhat similar feel/comfort. They’re decent shoes, but nothing approaching my previous pair. I recently picked up some Nimbus 15s on clearance, and they’re just as good as my original pair.

I guess my point is if you’ve been wanting to try Asics, I’d say wait for a good deal on some Kayanos, Nimbuses, or other higher-end models.

I agree with this. I run in the Nimbus, which is a more pricey pair of shoes. You can get prior year models on Amazon and elsewhere at a discount from the current model, scoring a great shoe and a better price.

It is amazing how people will adorn their feet with fashion that they would never, ever wear anywhere else.

While I love Asics (they are my main brand of running shoe) I would caution against buying any of these shoes unless you know specifically what kind of running shoe you wear and more info about the nature of these shoes. What I mean is that many people’s feet roll to the side (either in toward the arch, or more commonly outward) when they step. Other people have a more neutral stride. Asics makes shoes catered to both of these types of feet. Someone mentioned Kayanos and Nimbuses, but these are for two totally different foot types. It isn’t just size/width folks. If you are taking up running you really should get your stride analyzed and get a pair of shoes that matches your feet. None of these shoes give much information about the type of foot they are designed for, though I think the Noosa (sold out) is for a neutral foot. Kayanos (not in this woot) are a stability shoe with extra firm midsole on the outside edge of the foot to counter pronation).
Bottom line, if you don’t buy shoes matched to your feet, they will hurt and you’ll be more likely to give up running.
Additionally, other than the Noosa, and to a lesser degree the GT2000 the rest of these are lower tier Asics. I’d be really excited if these were Nimbuses (or even Cumulus), but these are generic kickers floating the Asics name.

IS there a way to search the size of the entire page instead having to go through each shoe to see if you have my size?

Apparently, there are NO Wide versions according to all the other posts.

A closeouts website doesn’t have the exact size/width/color/model I want? WAHHHHHHHH!!!

Are there any other colors? I really want a res one.