Daily Offer 12/2: Philips Smart TVs

Today at Electronics.Woot, instead of one thing in the daily deal spot, we’re giving you ALL THE SMART TVS AND MOAR SMART TVS!!

And since it’s a special kinda sale, we thought it needed a special kinda discussion place that you can find here.

Philips Smart TVs

[qualityposts=6085651][/qualityposts]

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6]
http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/7a05be95-3121-4d36-933a-07c5c8dacfe7.jpg

Philips 32" or 40" Smart TV
Price: $179.99 - 279.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days. (Friday, Dec 05 to Wednesday, Dec 10) + transit
Condition: Refurbished

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](http://electronics.woot.com/plus/philips-smart-tvs-7) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Philips 32" or 40" Smart TV) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](Philips - Google Shopping 32" or 40" Smart TV)

Time to check out the product page for the 40" model

Bought a 39 inch TV (Phillips Smart TV, same as these) in April and couldn’t be happier. Good resolution, the net TV functionality works as advertised, and it interfaces with my phone for youtube. The only negative is it doesn’t have Amazon Prime Video, so I use a console for that. It has netflix (a button on the remote just for that), and Hulu. It also has Vudu, though I haven’t used that.

I bought this a while ago and it was great BUT it seems that I got the wrong remote because I can’t access certain Net TV options and I can’t rename the different HDMI ports. There are no colored buttons and no “Options” button.

Hmm. Have you reached out to Philips or support@woot.com? If not, I’d start there.

I have this TV. Last week it automatically updated the latest software. Netflix and a bunch of other apps disappeared. Philips offers no support in usa.

Dont waste your money.

I bought the 39" version (39” 1080p 120Hz PMR LED HDTV with NetTV) in October 2013. The picture quality is good. The sound quality is gawd-awful. I use a Roku with it and speakers and it’s fine for my bedroom. It’s wireless connectivity is not so great. It will connect at 5mgs while other devices have 25mbgs in the same place on my 2Ghz band. I have 105 mg service so … My laptop will connect at 90 on the 5Ghz band. I do know that there is a lot of crowding in my area on 2Ghz wireless. Anyhow, this with a Roku great, it’s internal apps not so great.

Oh and lately it’s been turning itself back on a few minutes after I turn it off (WTF??!!) and if I don’t turn it on at the same time as my Xbox 360 and have it on the right input, it’s pretty finicky about detecting it. It’s cheap so if you just want a cheap TV and have a Roku, it’ll work, mostly.

Does the Netflix app work well?

I’m in the market for a TV for the Kids and they are netflix crazy.

Also it has wi-fi build in it correct. I don’t have to purchase additional equipment

So I need a 40" TV to fit in the Family room entertainment system and this could fit the bill. The only thing that I am worried about is the “refurbished” part especially for a TV. Any thoughts?

I’d bought a 19" refurb Phllips about 5 years ago and it had a flakey power supply issue (apparently common at the time). I don’t know if their units are known for this anymore. So far no other posters are reporting as such.

I’ve bought refurbished tvs from woot before with no issues. I almost like that they are factory refurbished because it means someone took the time to look at it further and maybe address an issue or two that might have been in place. I bought one.

These are my absolute favorite budget TVs. Built in wifi (incredibly reliable connection) and built in Netflix, among other apps, plug it in and you’re good to go. I have a couple, including one that migrates around the house from time to time.

I’m confused about the refresh rate on this. Is it 60 or 120?

The details say “60Hz Native / 120Hz PMR”

From Philips:

120 Hz Perfect Motion Rate (PMR) creates extreme motion sharpness for clear and vibrant images in fast action movies. The new Philips PMR standard reduces response time of the HDTV to produce faster picture transitions and reduces motion artifacts.

Thanks for the suggestion, I emailed support to see if there’s anything they can do for me. I can’t really comment on the quality of the net apps because I need the 4 colored buttons on my remote to access many of the features.

The TV itself is fine, going strong after over a year.

I bought my refurb tv August 2013 and it still works fine.

Does anyknow know if you can use this for Hulu? Also, how does the net connect work? Easy to use? Figured the netconnect could be used to stream hulu to the tv if it’s not available as an app.

Edit: Disregard the message below. I determined it was a problem with my Comcast router starting to fail. The TV worked great when I took it to a neighbor’s house and used their Wi-Fi connection. Thanks, Woot.

Got my 40" TV this week and spent a little time with it tonight. Is anyone else finding the Smart TV features are spotty? The only one that works so far is Pandora. Netflix is throwing me connectivity errors. Even setting up the base connection, I’m told that I connected to the router, but not to the internet (not true if I’m able to stream from Pandora). The Update command says my software is current. I probably need to give my modem a hard reset, but busy with a few work tasks now and can’t do that until bedtime. Curious if anyone else is having problems and what workaround you found.

I guess I am an unlucky one of the bunch. I bought this TV with high hopes and recieved it almost dead on arrival. It turns on for about 2 seconds before turning off again.

Has anyone else experienced this? Also does anyone know about Woot and or Phillips return policy/warranty. Feeling very swindled right now.

Thanks for any help in advance.