Daily Offer 2/2/15: Candy Basket Valentines Assortments - 6 Flavors

My package was damaged during shipment and returned to woot by FedEx six days ago. I found out about this, not because woot sent me an email last week when the package came back, but today after my SECOND customer service request this week about my missing package.

The best part is this: they said WHEN they get the damaged package back I can get a refund 7-10 business days later! So, no chocolate and woot apparently doesn’t know that they have already received the damaged package a week ago.

Who knows if I’ll ever see the refund. I’d rather just have the candy (it is sooo freaking good). Now I have to find last minute Valentine gift for the wife.

You need better customer service bots woot. Seriously

Sorry to hear that you were unable to receive your Valentines Day candy basket.

I’ve spoken with Woot CS and it does appear that your order was damaged in transit.

They’ve processed your refund. Depending on your banking institution it should take 2-3 business days.

We greatly appreciate your patience during this matter and we hope you have a wonderful Valentines Day.

I’ve been refunded $26.62! Too bad my order was for $56.50. You guys really suck at your jobs. On the bright side, you’re really good at taking money and not providing a product or service.

Sorry about that. Human error. It’s being fixed now.

One of several errors on this order.

I keep giving you chances, but this was the last straw. I really liked this site once. It went downhill in a hurry. So long, and thanks for all the shirts (until you started printing/misprinting on crappy Honduran t-shirts), all the good customer service (until it went to crap), and good deals (until they became excruciatingly few and far between).

Congrats woot! It only took you 18 days to refund my money from when I ordered. 14 from when you received the damaged package back, 9 days from when I let you know you had received the damaged package back (because you didn’t know, 1 day after I told you you refunded my less than half of the amount originally charged. Bang up Job!

Note to others who buy from woot: don’t bother with using the “proper channels” and email a complaint. You will only get a canned response from a poorly coded bot that will be of no help. If you complain in the forums, where other customers can read about the gross negligence and incompetence, for some reason you get a response from a real live boy (or girl) almost immediately and things get fixed. Odd that…