Daily Offer 2/24/15: Samsung 1080p LED Smart TVs

Ditto. I was close to pulling the trigger on the 55 until I saw only 2 HDMI ports. I need at least 4.

The vast majority of people don’t use receivers these days. If you’re lucky, they’re using an HITB/soundbar with HDMI ARC and that device supports another input.

Sweet! Is this the model that listens to your conversations?!?!

I’ll pass on any TV that so egregiously intrudes into your life. Samsung needs to get their fingers burnt for thinking spying on their customers is ok.

Are these manufacturer or third party refurbs? Specifically the 46." Cheers.

I haven’t looked through all the TV’s, but at a glance they seem to be 2014 models. I can verify the 32" is because I owned one for a few days. This site has the breakdown of what the model numbers model numbers mean.

I bought the UN32h5203 from Walmart for right at $350 after tax. I bought it due to the way Samsungs Smart Hub works. Only to find out that this lower model has a stripped down version of the Smart Hub. It only has 2 of the typical 5 panels of smart features. It only has OnTV, which is a fancy TV guide panel…showing what you’re currently watching and what else is on/coming on. It also has a Apps panel which as it sounds is just a list of all apps you have currently installed. While this will do the basic smart TV features most people want, like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, VUDU, etc. It doesn’t have Movies & TV, Games, or the Multimedia panels which are what make this truly a smart TV in my mind.

If you just need the basic smart TV functions then this would be a great TV at this price. I was looking for more so I returned my h5203 to Walmart and ordered the next up model H5500 from Amazon for the same price, minus tax. Also keep in mind that in my case I was talking the same amount for both TV’s. If I’d been debating between $240 or $350 I probably would have kept the H5203 for $240.

I don’t recognize the woman in the picture, and Tineye gives me nothin’. What’s the reference that I’m missing?

That is our own AgingDragQueen. You’ve seen her in quite a few Woot videos.

I know! Cool sweater ADQ!

It’s super cheap over on the mothership y’all! Check it here, and- there are some other sizes available if you poke around a little.

But Abe’s does not accept returns of items of this size. You buy = it’s yours.

Neither does Woot, of any size, unless defective.

I’m keeping my eye out for a better screen than the current 40, and I’m kinda torn:

• The 40/46/50 look like good replacements for the current screen but the “smart” part is a deal-killer. (I have plenty of “smart” sources of input already, and giving the screen itself network connectivity seems like a tremendously bad idea on principle. Do. Not. Want.)
  • Anything larger than 55in is better off projected anyway. (Not willing to give that much dedicated space to screens, and I already have an excellent 105in theater screen nicely installed so that it rolls down over the large window.)
  • HDMI inputs are already switched through the amp, like civilized people. And because speakers. (Don’t even get me started about the tinny “soundbar” junk. Get some real speakers, kid.)

BUT the woot pic is da bomb. SWMBO owns a similar skull cardigan, which is ten kinds of awesome. I’d buy her a nice new one of THAT in a heartbeat.

i want this LED

http://rockbullet.cf/14/g.png

http://www.pacificgalleryframing.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/watching-movie.png

edited double post