Daily Offer 2/4/15: VIZIO LED Smart TV

I purchased the 23" Vizio TV and it is defective. The TV turns itself off very often and the picture has blossomed, viewing areas are beyond the screen size. Visio says to redo the set-up procedure, I did. No improvement. Woot says check with Visio. No return authorizaton, no customer service. a Bad Deal! Bad Woot!

Recently purchased a 32" and very happy with the picture and sound , although I have it in the bedroom.
One thing to be aware of is that with wifi connection you are limited to the apps from Vizio. If you have HBO it is not supported.

Bought the 23" last time this was up (couple weeks ago) and it arrived dead–it couldn’t see ANY wifi networks. Woot took it back, paid shipping for a full refund, so there’s that, but fairly disappointing.

I guess with respiffs, you rolls the dice, you takes your chances.

I bought the 28" and had the same defect with it turning itself off randomly, sometimes turned itself on which is scary. However, Woot was great about the return, sent a prepaid return label. I am still waiting on the refund but I think it’s only been 4-5 days since they received it.

these prices are not very good. why buy questionable refurbs for almost as much as new. think about it. they want you to buy their unsellable defective product and pay near new prices. These TV’s are basically scrap, junk if they cant sell them. why do people pay almost new prices for that. look around you can find these products very close in price for something Not defective.

An E series 60" vizio refurb with no return privileges for more than the cost of a new one with a full warranty? Someone at Woot thinks their customers are stupid. That’s not a way to keep customers. Two weeks ago I bought the superior M series Vizio for less.

Perhaps Woot is seeking out customers to help pay for their electronic waste disposal.

(I’m neither a fan of Vizio nor of refurbs at this price…)

I just wanted to post up about a refurb TV that I’d purchased. It came broken (the screen had a huge crack). Woot was really timely in their response and they provided a shipping label by which to return the TV. They didn’t have any other TV’s to provide so they refunded the full amount. There’s a lot of places that are shady about returns and making you pay for things. Thanks Woot for being fair!

I know it’s not the Vizio TV that’s being advertised but I thought I’d post up about how good Woot was in a case where the product I received was broken. Thanks Woot!

Hi all. For the few of you that received problem TV, we apologize.

Keep in mind that we sell thousands of TVs. The percentage of reported problems is very low.

As is par for the Internet, people are more likely to post when they’re dissatisfied than when they’re happily watching TV.

We also know that wooters are savvy deal hunters so we expect you to shop and compare.

Really? What store would make you keep a delivered broken TV that was just newly purchased? I am not talking about eBay or Craigslist, but a regular retail store, (online or brick). Make you pay for what, their mistake or a delivery problem? You said; …“a lot of places that are shady”…, this sounds strange to me.

I mean it is good that they did that, but who wouldn’t? What ‘places’ are you talking about?

I have purchased close to a 100 items from Woot, and only one came broken (a solar panel that the factory packaged VERY poorly) and I got a very quick and easy refund, no problems. But then I have purchased thousands of items off of the internet, with no big problems with the other stores. They always stood by the product.

That was a sharp pun, Bill!

Purchased last month and could not connect to internet and remote did not work. Had to pay $30 for shipping back to refurbisher. Have not recieved it back yet.

I purchased one of these in Sept. 2013. The picture is now tinted green on the left half of the display. I don’t believe I did anything to cause this. Caveat Emptor!

These prices are horrible compared to the same model new. I’d pay the little extra for a the full warranty.

And considering what my dad’s experience was with his first (and last) TV purchase from Woot… ugh. What a nightmare. DOA, and headaches dealing with Woot and mfr warranties, each pointing fingers to the other. Never again.

Bought the 32 1080P last time out and really like it. Vizio came out with an update that was sent ota into the TV once we hooked it up to wifi. That fixed some minor picture and other issues. Those having problems may want to see if there is a firmware update for your model

I bought the 55" new not too long ago. Love it. Great deal for the price. Not 4K or 240 Hz refresh, but it does the trick. Still use my Roku over the Smart TV functionality, but that’s because it has more options for channels.

Anyway…here’s my two cents on this deal. Buy it new at Target and use the Red Card. 5% off takes it down to $570, and you also get a $20 gift card (Update: I think the $20 gift card deal is over. $20 more for new versus refurb is worth it).

So when I saw the pic on the tv I had to comment to give props to the obscure reference (I’m giving credit that it’s that and not coincidence in which case yes, I agree). So this is from an old Laurie Anderson song, go to 0:24 on this link Laurie Anderson - Smoke Rings - YouTube .
Which then is also from an old SNL skit “Quién es más macho”, which was quite funny. Anywho, si, pineapple est mas macho than knife.

Wow, a lot if weird, gross dudes here. Go figure.