Daily Offer 3/20/15: Sawyer Mini Water Filtration Systems

I can check in with CS on any emails they’ve received from you to make sure you’re taken care of. I’m sorry for any poor experience you’ve had so far.

This is the message that the customer service page displays … “Where we turn irate wooters into “I love Woot”–ers” … But instead I was essentially told “too bad for you …” (I ordered size 11 shoes to wear as slippers - I wear a size 10 but wanted them to be extra roomy to slip on an off - It turns out that they are incredibly tight - and I have never worn a size 11 in my life … so the sizing was off. But I was told to bad because “our faq’s provide a sizing chart” - but the chart or the shoe size sent wasn’t correct - either way, I am now stuck with an apparently size 11 shoe that is smaller than any size 10 I have every worn. Hmmmm… seems fair.

Not trying to be ungrateful or look a gift horse in the mouth, but hey… Tried to but a two pack using the $10 woot coupon code you sent me but guess what, it was a penny short of the $25 minimum so the coupon wouldn’t work. Had to buy two singles instead which turned my $10 coupon into a $7 coupon. Still not bad Woot, but if you’re going to price your items at XX.99 instead of rounding it off, maybe your coupons should reflect the same pricing. …Or just have a variety of penny candy I can buy.

It’s tough buying clothing/shoes online. If they’re the shoes I’m thinking of, those are worn by hipsters, so they’re sized small like their skinny little jeans they wear. Pro tip: Don’t buy shoes expecting them to fit like slippers. They did fit your feet, they were just tighter than your liking. Perhaps you can stretch 'em out somehow.

This is not unique to woot. Most sites give you a round dollar you have to hit for a coupon to apply which forces you to find something else to buy. Hint: This is an intentional sales strategy! It’s a trap!

You should have got these for just $0.99 more:
http://home.woot.com/offers/jds-foods-sriracha-candy-cane-6-oz-8

I have had a couple of unsatisfactory items, and never had any trouble returning them. The last was a couple of years ago, so maybe things have changed, but my experience has been very different.