Daily Offer 4/10/15: UZI Tactical Pens

They say the pen is mightier than the sword. But what they forgot about is that some pens are also swords. This one isn’t a sword exactly, but you can poke, stab, and smash stuff with it. And you can write with it too! What can’t this pen do? A lot of other stuff. But even two potential uses is pretty impressive for a pen.

Go to the sale page

[qualityposts=6247772][/qualityposts]

Check out the whole line of tactical pens

Bought three of these last time and don’t like any of them. The pen is not retractable so the tip is always exposed. Probably ok for a defense item but not good as a pen. Unless you like ink stains in your pocket.

bought the tacpen4 last time and the pen does not retract unless you almost unscrew the two parts of the pen. If I worked at a desk all day and I could leave it there… maybe. But then the handcuff pick wouldn’t be around unless I worked at a place where I’d need to worry about being handcuffed.

Amazon has the glass breaker pen selling at $18.61 with Prime shipping. Not much of a saving on Woot and it will be delivered faster than ordering through Woot.

That being said, I like these pens even if you have to unscrew the pen a little to get the tip to retract all the way.

My wife has the DNA Catcher pen and I have no doubt it will scar the crap out of anyone on the receiving end of the attack.

I keep the Glass Breaker pen in the car to sign deposit slips and help break the windows if I end up at the bottom of a deep lake. Since I live in SoCal we don’t have many deep lakes left so maybe it is currently overkill. :wink:

At <$20 these are great pens to keep around for impromptu pen wars or just to pull out and wow some coworkers. I have large hands so writing with the pens isn’t a difficult problem AND they are left-handed compliant too!

Would one be stopped boarding a commercial airliner with one of these pens by TSA?

I got the tacpen3 last time, which was pretty recent. Don’t believe it when they say it takes Fisher Space Pen refills. The refill will get stuck when it sticks out of the pen and you have to tap it on something to get it back in. Not ideal, and not what I call a proper fit.

Get the tacpen-4.

I got the one with the cuff-key (3?). It’s impossible to keep the rubber cap on. It comes loose and it’s gone.

Also keep in mind that it’s a bit thicker and larger than your typical pen. Even with aircraft aluminum it’s not light.

An essential EDC item for mall security guards.

I think this is CARBIDE, rather than “carbinde”. Yore frinde MLS

Thanks for the informative post. I was looking at this pin but after seeing your post, I pass.

Do they make a tactical notepad too?

Now, that would be cool.

What is a “tactical” pen?

Search Amazon for “rite in the rain notebook”. All the tactical notepads you could ever want.

Here is a definition. Essentially it is a pen designed to be used as a self defense weapon. Some manufacturers have adopted the term to mean any pen with a camouflage or matte black finish.

Yes. It is usually considered either a kubaton or martial arts weapon.

Item Carry-on? Checked?
Billy Clubs NO OK
Black Jacks NO OK
Brass Knuckles NO OK
Kubatons NO OK
Self Defense Sprays - One 4 ounce (118ml) container of mace or pepper spray is permitted in checked baggage provided it is equipped with a safety mechanism to prevent accidental discharge. Self Defense Sprays containing more than 2% by mass of Tear Gas (CS or CN) are prohibited in Checked Baggage. For more information visit www.faa.gov., click on Passengers, then Preparing to Fly. NO OK
Martial Arts Weapons NO OK
Night Sticks NO OK
Nunchucks NO OK
Stun Guns/Shocking Devices NO OK
Throwing Stars NO OK

Bought the 3. A couple observations.
The rubber cap just doesn’t stay on the DNA catcher and it is sharp so beware that you may cut a hole in your pocket with it or possibly cut yourself. You do have to unscrew the pen a little to get the tip to "retract ". And no problem with checking it through the Airport checkpoint in carryon (experience). It is a bit bulkier than your average pen but not too bad. For 12 bucks a good conversation piece.

Glad I read the comments from past buyers. Almost bought one. PASS