Daily Offer 8/28/2014: Vizio M Series 1080p Smart LED TVs

I have the 50" E series. My only criticism of the tv (and Vizio in General) is that the channel guide for OTA broadcasts is worthless, nonexistent really… It tells me what I’m watching, but not what is next. There is also no way to see a list of all channels and current program at the same time. Very lame to omit something so basic. Also, no “favorites” list for favorite channels. That means I have to switch to each channel to see what is on, like we did 20 years ago. Other than that, great picture, solid construction, excellent sound.

I may be asking a dumb question, but is there ever a guide with purely OTA broadcasts? Where does it come from if so?

Not for the 80" my friend!! :slight_smile:

What “website?” I am curious because I just checked Vizio’s website and compared prices. Each TV was cheaper on woot than on Vizio’s main site.

Yeah, I just checked CostCo and Vizio web site and neither of them has better prices. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place?

@ssskelton, not a dumb question.

OTA digital broadcast does support future program data just like it can report a paragraph of info for the current program, but the TV must support it and the broadcasting channel must fill in the next program data.

“Smarter” (not necessarily “Smart TV”) TVs can assemble that data in less or more friendly ways, depending.

Folks who have been on Cable TV during the recently completed Over The Air analog to digital conversion also might not be aware there can be up to 4(?) additional sub-channels under a main channel, all with individual content. So channel 7 now becomes channels 7.1, 7.2, etc…

We have three sub-channels in our market dedicated to movies. The movies shown range from so-so or even B-movies movies to first rate classics depending on the channel.