Daily Offer 9/16/14: Samsung 1080p LED Smart TVs

Thanks @bluemaple. Sounds like I’m better off waiting, which is what I’d originally planned on. The 240 CMR != 240 Hz threw me off when thinking these were ridiculously good deals.

For new condition pricing reference, if you have a Fry’s near you, they are selling the 40 and 46 inchers ** in store only**, thru 9/18/2014, for:

40 inch model 5300: $399 vs $359 Woot refurb
46 inch model 5300: $549 vs $429 Woot refurb

Fry’s 40 & 46 in store only sale

[Edit: the 46 incher is shippable, but its price is not as aggressive.]

I have the Samsung UN32EH5000AF 32" 1080p HD LED LCD Television model now as a monitor… LCD’s give me eye strain…went with the 32" Samsung and I love it… I’m considering getting another one here…

Would you mind telling me how you were able to hook up the model 5300 to a computer (forgive my ignorance; at 63 I’m not of the tech era). Thanks in advance

Are they factory certified refurbished?

All of the remaining TV sets are “Refurbished” and not “Factory Reconditioned”.

Here’s the official definition by a previous Woot staffer of the conditions and here’s an explanation of refurbished/recertified that may help.

I was reading reviews for the TV on Best Buy’s website, and noticed that they still sell this model new. I added it to my cart to see the price and I can pick it up NEW at my local store for $949.99. Just sharing FYI…

If your computer has an HDMI port it’s as simple as connecting them with an HDMI cable and selecting the correct input on the TV (or receiver).

I bought the exact same 40in samsung NIB at costco for cheaper two weeks ago, just FYI.

@Horserich, if you are using a destop computer that does not have an HDMI port, it is easy to add a cheap ($20-50) video card that does.