Daily Offer 9/25/14: 600TC Egyptian Cotton Bedding

Agreed. You see lots of people selling no-name 600TC, 1000TC, a trizillion TC no-name sheet sets for $20-40 at NYC street fairs. Wondering if it’s the same as these. Has anyone bought those street fair ones before?

Finally, some real colors! Unfortunately there’s only a couple that could be considered jewel tones and they are not the precise ones I’m seeking but Woot!, you’re getting closer.

If you sleep very hot, like I do, anything over 400 TC might not be for you. I bought a gel memory foam mattress that’s supposed to displace my body heat, and I wake up covered in sweat with a giant wet spot on my bed. Called the manufacturer, they told me I need to go with a very low thread count. Sigh.

Can you tell me how deep the pockets are in the fitted king sheet?

Typically these are 100% polyester sheet set, with no cotton. They may also be using two or four-ply weaving in order to falsify the thread count. There are lots of (illegal) tricks that are intended to fool the end consumer.

The featured sheets are single ply for a true thread count and are 100% Egyptian Cotton.

15" deep pockets, will fit a mattress up to 17".

Is there an official Woot mobile app? I thought I remembered an announcement a while ago but don’t see one described that way in Google Play Store.

Thanks

A Duvet is a slip cover for a comforter, like pillow case for comforters, keeps it clean while letting you vary your color pattern options without buy a whole new comforter.

Actually, the ones at the street fairs have caught my interest in the past bc they claim to be 100% pure egyptian cotton (with the high thread count). Figured there’s a way to mislead, or just outright lie about the thread count, but that maybe they really are pure cotton.

They do have an IOS app out, but sadly, there is no Android app out on the Play store yet. Can’t wait for that to be released.

I have the same thought whenever I see Egyptian cotton. Then I think about fresh eggs.

600TC?! Thanks, but I’ll just sleep on sandpaper instead.

I have sample swatches sitting next to me and these are definitely not sandpaper. The sateen weave gives it a nice smooth feel. Quite nice.

Personally I never purchase envy thing less than 800tc. Never buy anything. Except for Egyptian Cotton with straight deep pockets. Don’t be fooled by 600 TV. Hold your ground!

Wait… NO love for the “android”? Maybe it should be called iWoot then… /rant

I stay away from anything over 600. That’s where you get into microfiber territory which is so, so terrible. And so, so clingy. So much hair, so many pills. Blegh.

Egyptian Cotton is great/my fave, but it is VERY wrinkly. Much more wrinkly than standard cotton, not wrinkle-reduced sheets.

you should give linen a try then.
linen is considerably more expensive than other fabrics but once i tried linen sheets, i switched everything over to linen immediately.

got mine off restoration hardware, if that helps.

I agree. Anything over 600 is a sucker’s bet. It’s always artificially inflated, either by fiber count or by using artificial materials. I’ll take a good 600 TC over a B.S. 1,000 TC any day.

Its only 2 hours until Woot changes products. but just for the record, I purchased the sheets sold on Jan 14, 2014. They aren’t identical to the ones today, but the user bedding1 was posting in the forum that his company made those sheets as well. I have to say, I LOVE those sheets. I was nervous too considering the cost, but I’m glad I jumped on it. I’ve been waiting for woot to put the same set on sale again so I can get more pillowcases.

600 TC!! Put the sheets on the bed. Oh my god. Did we just teleport to a 5 star hotel?

I wish I knew the manufacturer so I could look up their actual TC from the Southern Living investigative report on TC discrepancy.