Danby ArticAire 70 Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier

Most dehumidifiers have a drain hose connection. The connector is the same as a garden hose so just use an old garden hose. (if you don’t have one they’re pretty common at garage sales for cheap) Cut off the other end when it reaches the drain. Just make sure it’s at a lower elevation

just bought one but also realized that HD has it for nearly same price…
at least this one is delivered to my door…

I’ve had this exact model for 3 years now. A few things to note about it:

1. Get a hose and drain it to a sink/sump pump! 70 pints per day is a LOT of water
  2. “Dry” air comes out hot and is blown out the right side of the unit, not the top or the back. This limits where you can place it, and may be a dealbreaker for some.
  3. The humidity setting is not that accurate. I keep mine set at 55%, but a standalone hygrometer frequently reports humidity over 60%

As other people have mentioned, this is generic Chinese stuff made by Midea. Don’t expect wonders.

I bought one last month for $10 more from the Mother Ship with free shipping and no tax. So far I’ve not had any issues with it. It does seem much lighter than the 20 year old model it replaced. I think it was a Kenmore from Sears.

How loud is this unit?

Woulda bought one, but the fan stays on as long as it’s plugged in… :frowning:

What kind did you get at Walmart?