Dark Mode Tags

Trying out Dark Mode again after I complained on twitter about Dark Mode being broken and not having it available across all my pinned browser tabs.

Having the below issue with the topic tags. They’re stacking instead of sitting side by side like they should be.

New Topic List

Front Page

Windows 10 Pro, Version 1803
Chrome Browser, Version 77.0.3865.120 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 Like

I’m not understanding what the difference is on the first photo.

On the second photo, I see the category tags in a line instead of stacked. Is that what you mean?

I believe we’re using Discourse’s standard dark mode for these. Not sure what we can change here.

I originally started this on twitter and got a reply.

In the first photo the tags are all Blue but also have a Green bar on the left hand side. In the default theme they tags are just Green.

In the second photo for the “Bentology Lunch Bag Kit” and the Pirates Movie Collection both tags are Orange with a Green bar on the left.

I was told on twitter that they’re supposed to stack. I think in Dark Mode they don’t line up as well and the tag color that shows through is different than in the default mode.

Yep, that was me. :smile:

I don’t remember saying they were supposed to stack but who knows.

The different colors may be used because they’re better on a dark background. Not sure.

There aren’t any plans to redesign the dark mode at this time unless we see higher usage. :slight_smile:

1 Like

+1 for dark mode usage. if that helps. LOL

2 Likes

Oh no! Now you know who I am on twitter!

makes account private

3 Likes

LOL. Your secret is safe with me.

1 Like

I wouldn’t trust me tho… I don’t.

2 Likes

I’m not that worried. It’s a public account.

Is there anything you don’t do, TT?

Heh. I’m the lone troubleshooter. I don’t do the social media stuff except to help with customer issues. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It doesn’t take a Mensan to uncover the truth, just some good old fashioned detective work! (We private detectives are well regarded for our discretion and confidentiality, so your secrets safe here too)

1 Like